Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you making on your CNC

Blog Entries
    ill pinch one or two , rod's a good bloke

i would also keep the end of the cutting deck short , and have a vertical clamping surface , for end grain milling of long lengths , move it to the eadge of the balcony to cut the ends of 3m lengths

??/100mm short , and fit a drip tray for coolant collecting there when cutting aluminum / brass
    Last edited by TopEndScraper; 02-12-2013 at 07:58 AM.

That looks like a heavy Y axis has it got slide rails?

I better get back to working out how all the bits will fit into the pump! I have some of the sizes (I think I have them right)
    If the spelins rong blam the wife!

How to build a Nudge burner (oil)

Quote Originally Posted by TopEndScraper View Post
    its just a CHINA EBAY CHEEPie (AU$2000)
    How do you like it TES? I'm tempted to buy one...

Blog Entries
    the machine is fine , a bit flimsy but for the price you would not beable to purchase the , T slot deck , 20mm supported/unsupported rails with linier rollers , 16mm ball screws with anti back slash nuts , the 1.5kw spindle , steppers , the shaft flexible couplings , , the parts they use are good

there not , ACME thread , bearings running on mild steal ( unmachined flat bar ) engraver , selling for the same price locally

the china ebay CNC's suffer in the CONTROL BOX , !!!!!THERE CRAP !!!!!! , no really they are crap , do your self a favor and ask for the machine with out the control box , ( make sure they dont take the steppers / spindle as well ) , you might get $300 off , then spend $500 on the good stuff , a proper VDF to match the spindle , and a set of "geko's " for your motor drives , and a 48 volt power supply , yes you will have to wire it up your self ( if you can )

this kit is good http://www.homanndesigns.com/store/i...products_id=90 but dont bye from them , there made in USA , so bying from Australian site is just wrong , if your in USA
    VFD link http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HIGH-QUAL...8923e13&_uhb=1 this needs to match the spindle on the machine

with mine im running Gecko 201X's and a 60 volt power supply http://www.homanndesigns.com/store/i...roducts_id=109 , you need one of these for each motor , and they dont come with the "break out board" like the kit above

mine is a 6545 ( 650mm xaxis 450mm y axis ) and they cut aluminum at 0.5mm per pass , with a 1/2 decent finnish , so most use the machine to up grade it's self , dont forget , the CNC wont do anything without software , and good soft ware is very expensive , to of the line programs will cost $1500 +
    you will need a CAD program
    and a CAM program

a set of collets to fit different bits , 0.5 too 7.5mm in o.5mm steps to fit your spindle
    bits , and lots of them , 2mm ballnose by the packs of 10 , lol , there easy to snap while you learn what feeds and speeds to use , some 4mm 6mm millend and ballnose so you can get some speed with out snapping the bit , v bits for lettering , i bought a heap of angles eadge ball nose bits , that have 3 or 5degree pitch on the sides of the bits ( expensive ) but so handy for molds

i purchased an out of date TurboCAD16Pro with plug in CAM ( 2.5D) for $300
    i also use , Cut2D , and Cut3D , and PhotoCarve < they all add up

a PC with on motherboard parallel port ( dualcore's are $100 now ) you need a dedicated PC with no back ground DLL's running , so a new minimal install ( XP ) , a
    a Mach3 licence

so expect to pay another $2000 on top of the machine
    and then the machine still wont do any thing until you learn to use the software ,and draw something in CAD , the learning curve is vertical for 6 months
    ive had mine running for just over a year now and had never used CAD before
    Last edited by TopEndScraper; 02-12-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks TES. This is one I'm thinking about. It is close enough I can drive and pick it up...

http://www.kelinginc.net/CNCmachines3030.html

I know CNC is Numeric control Programme. Do you tell me which Software you are using for Creating programme. I working on that CNC Project I need a software for that when i go to the Google find free most of tthe software have Paid Version. If you have any Crack version Send me or Tell me free Software site and their name.

Blog Entries
    CAM , software can be expencive i use
    CUT2D
    CUT3D
    PHOTO v carve all from victric
    and my TURBOCAD16pro came with a 2.5D CAM plugin thats good for 4th axis /mill work

i dont know of any decent freeware programs
    Is back on line

Saying the machine won't do anything without cad/cam software is a bit of a stretch. Granted, you are not going to hand program anything too fancy, but with a little math, yoy can cut general profiles for simple parts. I regularly write 50-75 line programs standing in front of my machine. G-code and basic trig knowledge (a good calculator helps a bunch) will be enough to make better machine parts.

CNC Automation Submission programme is not Operating easily you need to first get commend then start. I have Bike the have some problems with starting i go the work shop they person open some part and set them recommended rules. when we talk about production is it in the Organization with fully command and expert Team.

Blog Entries
    with the CAM programs ( what turns CAD drawings into machine code for the CNC ) there are 3 basic types

2D , where the bit machines out shapes with the z axis stepping as it carves out the program , ie moves the z axis , then uses both x & y axis to mill a layer , then the z axis drops again and x and y axis do there program again

2.5D , where it will do the same as above but will also CAM round stock or a milling machine with an " A " axis or 4th axis ( so 2D with a lathe turning the material )

3D is where the material is roughed out useing 2D , and then a " finnish 3D run " machines out the material following a 3D line of a surface ,moving x , y , z axis at the same time to produce the shape , they normally cant run a 4th aixs ( lathe )

Full version cams ( over $1000) , will run 3D on a 4th axis as well as all the rest

then Robotic arm 6 axis CAM , where each motor moves in an arc not in a straight line

there are 2D CAM as freeware on the net , i just dont have the links handy
    there is even a $25 CAM on ebay , that 3D mills a flat 3D drawing around a 4th axis , so draw a 3D flat surface with the right length for the circumference of the material , and it will produce it on round stock

your CAM not behaving is probably operator error , the cam program has to know the basics o the machine setup , what bits you plan on using ,and what feed / rpm speeds work est with the machine , getting another CAM program wont help i you dont understand how to use it ,
    you probably have a top of the range CAM there , just read up on how to use it
    Last edited by TopEndScraper; 09-06-2013 at 07:19 AM.
    Is back on line