Improved my scraper by cutting grooves in it. It isn't perfect but it is much better. I then decided to tackle the problem with sand falling out the front of the device. I decided to make a tilting shelf that would act as an automatic loading and unloading device as well. I had an old metal frame that used to clamp in the doorway of my wood stove. The wire screen that stopped the sparks had rusted years before. I was able to use the angle iron on it, the handles, the brackets that the handles screwed in to along with some old pipe and some angle iron from bed frames.
The pictures are as follows....
1, the loading position, the little steel cable is to stop it from tilting to far down and the edge of the drum catching the side of the tray.
2. the underside.
3. The unloading position and..
4. a view inside.
The w2hite metal I used was from some old metal desk parts they were throwing out at work several years ago. You can also see the empty cans and bottle of "lubricant" I used to get the job to progress.