Page 472 of 472 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472
Results 4,711 to 4,717 of 4717

Thread: what did you do in your foundry today?

Hey Cactus, I had bought some everdur out west in phoenix recently.... Well, today I tig welded with some silbronze rod I got at a local shop. It was a DEAD RINGER for my stuff. It totally blended in my previous work. I was thinking today I was going to screw myself, glad I got lucky and the stuff matched. The sun has to shine on a dogs ass somedays.
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Administrator Site Admin
    When slightly dissimilar alloys show up differently is when you polish them to a mirror shine. Better be careful if that is ever your plan.

Richard
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.

The Punkenstein mixed media (brass/copper/steel/stainless) propane burner.

That looks awesome! I made a propane burner today, but my regulator and hose hasn't come in yet. I suppose all i have then is an untested contraption made from pipes and stuff that I HOPE will become a propane burner.

frostoak, that thing looks really steam punk, all you need is a wooden gun stock at the back end and that thing would make a pretty awesome looking flamethrower, lol. Nice flame on it also.

Also, I dont know if it would really count as the foundry, but melted some lead and made my lead hammer finally, lol. It's around a 4-5lb hammer, which was a true cylinder, but I was using it with some sheet metal and that thing is awesome, but now the ends are all mushroomed out a little bit, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasper View Post
    When slightly dissimilar alloys show up differently is when you polish them to a mirror shine. Better be careful if that is ever your plan. Richard
    Good to know, I'll keep it in mind if I plan to go high polish in the future. I can see pouring some real skinny sticks to use as filler rod. Shelled up vents off to the side would do the trick. ;-)
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Administrator Site Admin
    I can see pouring some real skinny sticks to use as filler rod.
    I generally make one or two in mi larger investments. I use cotton string and dip it in wax until it is the thickness I want.

Richard
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.