Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Patterns for a steam engine

I guess im going to go with it as is for now, if it doesnt work out then ill just fill in the void and make some mods to my core box later on. I use petrobond sand so Im going to cross my fingers and hope.

I may be missing something here but why dont you make the core print a lot smaller, It dosnt have to be the same size as the hole you are creating.

Donk
    Needs must while the devil rides.

Donk, I was thinking about down sizing it a bit, but it would be easier to widen it up to the flange and make the core bigger if it doesnt work out like this.

Well I glued them on, then took a long look at it.... Well i decided to fill it all the way up to the flange. LOL man what a pain, I should have just made them in wax and investment cast them.

Ok allmost done on this pattern, just a little finnessing, paint, and this one is done. Ugg and there is abot 25 more patterns to make, oh well a little bit of progress is better than none....
    crossprimed 001.jpg

Beautiful work! Can't wait to see the casting.
    Knowing how to make something is far more valuable than knowing where to buy it...

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyTinker View Post
    Beautiful work! Can't wait to see the casting.
    Me either, but im going to try and finish all the patterns before I start casting...resist the urge to cast, resist the urge to cast, resist the urge to cast, Yea I keep telling myself that......

Oh and thank you for the compliment on the patterns

Oh no no no... what if there is some unforeseen problem that you have to modify the other patterns for?

Yes... clearly... you should cast...

Just in case
    Knowing how to make something is far more valuable than knowing where to buy it...

HAHA.....I agree with GT.....CAST THEM!!!

Seriously though, great work on those things David. Watching all of you guys work is a privledge and I can only hope that I reach that level of craftsmanship one day!

Lanny