Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hall of Fame (Threads with incredibly useful information)

Thanks for this, Anon. It's a heck of an undertaking, but a very worthwhile one.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Blog Entries
    Added the piston die casting thread.
    The process of turning stumbling blocks into stepping stones can at times require the use of a large sledgehammer.

Foundry Tutorial
    My Website <<Now at prometheus-foundry.com

Blog Entries
    Added the gating discussion thread. I'll take another look at it once the pictures get added back in--it may be worth upgrading to sticky status. Opinions regarding this are welcome.
    The process of turning stumbling blocks into stepping stones can at times require the use of a large sledgehammer.

Foundry Tutorial

Maybe in a while, once we have a few more syphon burners going, it might be worth adding it to the list of oil burners.
    I can add a few more pics on haw to make a homemade one if it is needed.
    If the spelins rong blam the wife!

How to build a Nudge burner (oil)

Blog Entries
    Deleted double post.

Pictures are always good, and the burner design is worthy of inclusion. The burner nozzle exchange thread, though, I don't think has much in it. It's mostly talking about the exchange process with a few pictures of burners in operation. What I'd rather see is a thread containing a few good posts explaining how to build one, and maybe some Q&A on debugging, problems experienced, etc. There's a little bit of this right now, but it's pretty sparse. (Also, splitting that out of the existing thread would completely butcher the conversation flow.) If you start a topic that explains in good detail how to build one, source the parts, etc, then it has a very good chance of making the list, especially as other people start sharing their own experiences.

Foundry Tutorial

Seems to me the thread has converted everyone who has held the burner, drew in people who just read the the thread and now has been responsible for at least a half dozen people (most of which have used other burners) to flat out say this is the easiest way to the hottest fire. But eh! whatever...

w3

Blog Entries
    I'm not saying that the burner isn't good, just that I'd like to see more info about it in the thread, or in a thread.

Also, if enough people want it, I'll put it in anyway. After all, that's kind of the point of the whole deal--to put valuable information where it's easy to reference. So, if anyone has a strong opinion on the matter, post away.

Foundry Tutorial

I agree Anon it would be nice to see a thread that was denser with burner info. I would particularly like to see more/better pics of nudge's home made version.
    If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.

Truth comes in two formats: enlightenment and collisions with reality.

I would particularly like to see more/better pics of nudge's home made version.
    I have done as you have asked. I hope it will help
    If the spelins rong blam the wife!

How to build a Nudge burner (oil)

Blog Entries
    Added to the list. That was the kind of info I was looking for.

Foundry Tutorial