Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Sign up for the Forum!!!

How to Sign up for the Forum!!!

UPDATE: For the new forums, sign-up procedure has changed. Just sign up like normal and you will be directed to complete a CAPTCHA, which should keep out the majority of spammers. If you have trouble with the CAPTCHA or can't sign on to your account, email a moderator or admin. Lionel is the first choice to contact now, as he's the only one with access to the ACP. That may change once everything has settled down--if it does, I'll change this post.

How to email Anon:
    Click this link and follow the instructions.

How to email Adam Ziegler:
    Click this link and follow the instructions. (Gents... my personal life has been keeping my underwater for awhile now. Chances are... if you send me an email, I am not going to see it for about a month... Email Anon as a first choice.)

How to email Lio:
    Click this link and follow the instructions.
    Last edited by Anon; 06-12-2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Updated rules for new forum

As many of you may have noticed, multiple email domains have been blocked (That was not my call.) While signing up... if you get a note that says "your email address is blocked..." I suggest you sign up like normal with a fake email address, and then send me an email to let me know what user name you used. Once I activate your account you can change your Profile email address to what you wish.

Gents... please be patient with the sign up process. It may take a few days for us to get around to looking at the email you sent us. I check email every day at least once except when I am out of town on business. If you don't hear from me in less than a week, shoot me or another admin an email.

"Why should I have to mention why I am interested in the forum."
    Because its an easy way for the admins to figure out if you are a spammer that could care less about what this forum is about. A person genuinely interested in the forum should easily be able to come up with something.

A sentence or two is fine. "Because I like BackyardMetalcasting.com" probably isn't going to pass.

I dont need your passwords... Just the login name.

Blog Entries
    At this point in time, there doesn't seem to be any issue with the volume of new user sign-ups that I'm getting. Therefore, I'm going to say that if you sent me a confirmation email, and it's been 48 hours without a response (during which time I've posted here at least once; otherwise, I might be on vacation or otherwise unable to check my email), then it's safe to say I never got your email.

The reasons for this could be any of a dozen things, but it probably has to do with my spam/junk filter. To get around that, try a different email address.

If you've emailed another admin and not gotten a response, try emailing me. As of now, I'm probably the most likely to be able to respond quickly.

If I don't get an email from you that contains your username, I cannot activate your account.

I've heard of people taking weeks or months to get confirmed before, and I think that's done with at this point. If it's not, I'd like to hear about it.
    The process of turning stumbling blocks into stepping stones can at times require the use of a large sledgehammer.

Foundry Tutorial
    My Website <<Now at prometheus-foundry.com

Anon... I just dug into my email after being away for a number of months.... lots of unfortunate folks repeatedly emailing asking for activation. I am going to forward a few of them along. My apologies to all.

Blog Entries
    Everybody who was forwarded to me has been dealt with. Also, I added some emphasis in the first post.
    The process of turning stumbling blocks into stepping stones can at times require the use of a large sledgehammer.

Foundry Tutorial
    My Website <<Now at prometheus-foundry.com

When i tried to register, I couldn't get past the CAPTCHA task, using Firefox, or Chrome.
    Switched to IE, got in first try.

FWIW.