Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wierdest job interview ever..

Years back a company local to me boasted that they were the world leader in wooden beer barrel bung manufacture. Beer barrels have changed so they don't fill through a bung in the side, but where the tap clamps on.
    What is that squeaking noise?

I pressed the link. It's fake! WTF Kyle!
    Yeah that bung hole thing almost seems weird. These days there's a hugely popular game called corn hole. Jeez. What'll it be next? Never mind, this could get raw pretty quickly.

Pete

You spelled gullible wrong.

Thanks for being stand up. Too many fake people out there these days.
    Bought my first ever Old Farmer's ALmanac the other day and not kidding, every other page is an ad for
    "Three food you should NEVER eat!!!" (We'll tell you after you mail your check)
    "Reputable doctors say you'll never lose that fat" (We'll tell you how after you mail your check)

And one funny thing is, they have an article explaining the old SNAKE OIL promotions.

Made you look on the first line?? :-)
    "If you work with your hands, you’re a laborer.
    If you work with your hands and your mind, you’re a craftsman.
    If you work with your hands and your mind and your heart, you’re an artist."

Saint Francis of Assisi

Google Map of members:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...hs&usp=sharing

You spelled gullible wrong.

Bought my first ever Old Farmer's Almanac the other day and not kidding, every other page is an ad for
    "Three food you should NEVER eat!!!" (We'll tell you after you mail your check)
    "Reputable doctors say you'll never lose that fat" (We'll tell you how after you mail your check)

And one funny thing is, they have an article explaining the old SNAKE OIL promotions.

Made you look on the first line?? :-)
    In my 8th grade year book I was voted "Most gullible". So, no, I knew I was spelling it right. Also I am an English teacher (Well, I quit a number of years ago because I was sick of disrespectful students) and do proof readings for the university here. But, yes, I did do a double take. I am surprised the Farmers Almanac still exists. Somewhere I have some from the 1920's, and the ads have not changed. "Believe it to see it! The miraculous properties of Lily The Pink's hangover cure!! Only 10(damn, when did they get rid of the cents key?)cents".

Also, something happened, because I know there were more posts after Petee's. I responded but a few posts were somehow lost. Oh well.

Cheers,
    Kyle

Forgot to address the
    comment.
    Thank you. I try to live my life as morally and honestly as I can. Dont get me wrong, I'm far from perfect. But it reminds me of a situation. My wife and I had our second wedding in the church (she is catholic and had to have it be official in the church). To do that I had to go to confession (I dont believe in telling some stranger all the bad things I've done and its all OK). Anyways, I told him "I live me life being the best person I can, I make mistakes, I deal with it, and it's none of your business."
    So point is, Im done with scheisty (I know its not a word) people. Be real, or get lost!!

I have an interview today, tech admin with a truck building firm (small volume drop sides, tippers etc). I'll make sure I let know I'm prepared to plug them on forums at any given moment.............

Right now they can use me for devious sexual acts with pensioners if helps pay the mortgage!!! (Kidding but you get the sentiment, need a 'proper' job now)

Quote Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
    (damn, when did they get rid of the cents key?)cents"
    ˘ ˘ ˘
    alt0162

Cheers Phil ;P)
    So, whats your Plan B?

Best of luck on the interview.
    Right now they can use me for devious sexual acts with pensioners if helps pay the mortgage!!! (Kidding but you get the sentiment, need a 'proper' job now)
    I know what you mean all to well, problem is do I lie to make myself sound better, or am I honest to be the person I am?

I did the straight up interest, feck me they have bunch of gear including a 4 metre 240 tonne guilotene and brakes the same length and tonnage. I'll find out in the morning....

Thanks for the good wishes, time to go back to a reliable post for now.