Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wierdest job interview ever..

Wierdest job interview ever..

So, A client of my wife's found out that I speak English and was interested in working with me. He told my wife that it would be running an online e-commerce business. Many years ago, I ran an EBay business and thought "I could do that" So, I met with him (and he had to choose the most expensive place to meet!) Anyways, it was not at all what he told my wife. He asked me if I had any experience with online forums (here's where AA comes into it). I told him " Not really, but I recently joined a forum about metallurgy and melting and casting aluminum." His response was "Dont try to make yourself sound better than you are!!". After that, I was thinking "OK! whatever?!?!". So here's the kicker. He didnt want me to run any business/logistics (which I thought was the deal), he wanted me to start fake posts on forums and wait 2 weeks the suggest his product. No thank you!! I may be a dumb ass when posting drunken ass comments, but Im no effin troll to exploit people!!
    Cheers,
    Kyle

'h

I forgot (because I did something that erased my long ass orignal post and had to start over) I think my weirdest interview ever was when I was asked "What's the country of origin of the best weed you ever smoked?". I was taken by surprise on that one, and said Thailand( thinking thai stick or something??). Then I was asked "Where is Thailand located geographically?" I replied "Next to China??" I was 17 at the time, in hindsight.. the answer to question #1 should have been the USA. Answer to question #2, "do you have a map, I'll show you?".

My very first interview for a trainee photometry tech I was asked if I knew anything about lighting, I replied 'I fitted some sodium security lights on a farm once' and he gave me the job on the spot. We sat in his office smoking while I waited for my father to pick me up. It later transpired he was only a director because he was always too drunk to be safe as manufacturing manager on the shop floor. Still we had some GOOD Christmas partys!

Netjets asks potential aircrew this unusual question on interviews...... They will ask you what you should do if the kids on the plane start drawing on the walls... The correct answer is LET THEM!
    I would say, break their little fingers and make them eat the crayons..
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jagboy69
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

I'm assuming ejecting them mid flight would cause technical issues?

I'm a proponent of supermarkets having a plank at the entrance where children can be nailed by the feet and then collected on the way out. Why submit toddlers to the grocery shopping?

Didn't Heinlein have Lazarus Long propose that boys should be nailed in a barrel and fed through the bung hole until they were at least 18?

Don
    Too many irons, not enough fire,

When a child turns 12, he should be kept in a barrel and fed through the bung hole, until he reaches 16…at which time you plug the bung hole.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
    I forgot (because I did something that erased my long ass orignal post and had to start over) I think my weirdest interview ever was when I was asked "What's the country of origin of the best weed you ever smoked?". I was taken by surprise on that one, and said Thailand( thinking thai stick or something??). Then I was asked "Where is Thailand located geographically?" I replied "Next to China??" I was 17 at the time, in hindsight.. the answer to question #1 should have been the USA. Answer to question #2, "do you have a map, I'll show you?".
    I'm almost afraid to ask what the job was... Almost. So what the heck job was that for?!

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos | TheHomeFoundry Forums

Slightly ironic that after posting that a toddler in the clothes shop I was in had her toddler throw a massive hissy fit. She dealt with it well but I just wanted to go up and say 'I can't help but I understand'.

The child went through repetition of drop, be lifted up and screams.

When a child turns 12, he should be kept in a barrel and fed through the bung hole, until he reaches 16…at which time you plug the bung hole.
    Mark Twain
    Had to look this one up. I grew up with the slang "bung hole" as an "A-hole". Never knew a bung hole was actually "an aperture through which a cask can be filled or emptied." Love Mark Twain, even though he was from Missouri, close to where I grew up there was a state monument "Mark Twains Cabin". It was where (and still is a huge event to this day) the story of the "Jumping frog" comes from. My brother and I used to go out in the dingy late at night and shine the flashlight into the bullfrogs eyes, which would paralyze them so to say. We could row right up next to them and snatch them out of the water. Fun times with frog jumps in the house, however my mom agreed otherwise.
    I'm almost afraid to ask what the job was... Almost. So what the heck job was that for?!
    The job wasnt anything special, It was for running a store deep in the Stanislaus National Forest, not far outside Yosemite. Like I said, I was only 17. Pretty cool place though. Google Cherry Lake, close to there.
    Anyways, I think the whole point of my post got overlooked because of the weed reference. The point is the interview recently, where the guy wanted me to start fake forum posts. His idea was a marketing scheme to get people interested in a topic, then wait (so it would not be noticeable) and drop a post saying something like "So, what do you guys think about this (his product)...) I told him I would be in contact, but have no intention of doing so. I had to be nice because it is my wife's client, but no way in hell will I be involved with some trolling/spam/marketing or what ever you want to call it.
    By the way, you all should check out my new product at:
    www.gullibleconsumers.com

Cheers,
    Kyle