Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solid State Relay - Voltage

Quote Originally Posted by ddmckee54 View Post
    I've had older PLC output cards with enough leakage current that when you used the output to turn a relay on, you could never turn it off.
    Sounds very Allen Bradley to me...

At least you got a technical answer on how to bandaide the issue. Normally their troubleshooting approach is just to direct you to their sales dept....lol
    FLAME ON...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ddmckee54 View Post
    Most solid state devices will "leak" a small amount of current, it's sometimes even listed in the specs as leakage current. I've had older PLC output cards with enough leakage current that when you used the output to turn a relay on, you could never turn it off. Standard answer was to add pull down resistors to the circuit, don't know if that helps or not.Don
    The specs say the leakage current is <2mA but the FAQs say higher capacity relays have more leakage, up to 30mA.

Will consider addition of bleed off resistors. Thanks for your reply

Best,
    Kelly
    My furnace build ----- I toil and fettle then foam turns to metal!

Vibert you got it in one, they were the old 1771-OAD modules but AB didn't tell me how to fix the problem. At that time, early 90's, I was still pretty much fresh out of my digital integrated circuits course in college so I knew how pull-up and pull-down resistors were used.

Don
    Too many irons, not enough fire,