Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YES! It's Dec. 21st.

Blog Entries
    I suppose you're in the USA,I've read that it's freaking cold there lately and it's worse in the Ontario: -50°C !I've no idea what -50°C feels like, I've only read the descriptions by Jack London
    Jack of all trades, master of none.
    http://fournaisedupiton.blogspot.com/

-20c is around -5F. NO THANKS
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jagboy69
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Quote Originally Posted by TRYPHON974 View Post
    I suppose you're in the USA,I've read that it's freaking cold there lately and it's worse in the Ontario: -50°C !I've no idea what -50°C feels like, I've only read the descriptions by Jack London
    I, or rather my weather station, is in Hamilton Ontario Canada, I've been monitoring the weather there for over 20 years and the coldest I can remember is around -26ºC, if it's windy, that's bone chilling but if it's not, you dress well enough to keep yourself comfortable.

It's not -50 here but it sure is cold...

Screenshot_20171227-140054.jpg

Too cold to try and figure out how to thaw out my sand, as it would involve spending at least a few minutes out there with it!

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos | TheHomeFoundry Forums

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocco View Post
    I, or rather my weather station, is in Hamilton Ontario Canada, I've been monitoring the weather there for over 20 years and the coldest I can remember is around -26ºC, if it's windy, that's bone chilling but if it's not, you dress well enough to keep yourself comfortable.
    You're in one of the coolest places on earth

I should have guessed for the Canada, you showed Celsius, not Fahrenheit.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.
    http://fournaisedupiton.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TRYPHON974 View Post
    You're in one of the coolest places on earth
    Far from it, I'm in the extreme south of my country, its second warmest region, my latitude is about the same as Marseilles France.

Been a little stir crazy because of the temps the past few days, so at a nice even -0-F at 3 pm today, I strapped on the snowshoes and went for a mile hike (more like still hunting) out through the woods behind my house, found otter tracks in the snow and followed them until I lost them among a myriad of deer tracks on a main game trail. Very enjoyable hour, followed by a cup of hot chocolate afterwards. Life is what you make of it!
    What is that squeaking noise?