Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Russian meddling in US election

Quote Originally Posted by caster View Post
    One year down, three to go and the midterms are comming up.
    Caster

Yeah, and the guy I voted for has still not matured into the position he was elected to. I was really hoping he would, or Pence could tone him down. What he really needs to do is get the "firetruck" off of Twitter and stay off.
    No matter how you slice it, if you get to vote for the lesser of two evils, you still get evil. (In this case, foolishness.)

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by _Jason View Post
    It is my understanding that the Internet Research Agency flooded social media with anti-Hillary memes and "news" articles (the click-bait type) that sought to run Hillary down; but not necessarily prop Trump up. Wikileaks was the icing on the cake.

Frankly, if literally anybody else had secured the Democratic nomination, we'd probably have another Democrat in the White House right now. However, they annointed the candidate we didn't want. Now, as the nation's liberal elite search for the "why" their candidate failed, they supposition is that it was Russian propaganda that somehow swayed voters to vote for Trump; not voting for a big criminal political machine.
    It's hard to say. Usually after 8 years with the same president the incumbent party has worn out its welcome. The Reagan -Bush transition is a notable exception, but by year 7 sentiments have gone against the presidents party. I think a strong republican candidate would have defeated Hillary easily even though Obama was not villified by the public with the same vigor as Clinton and Bush were. After the Dems under Obama demonstrated their impotence with a majority in Congress they lost a ton of cred. Congress owned that as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately the Republicans are giving the same demonstration and it doesn't help that their party's leader has the attention span of a puppy with all of the superlatives of an automobile advertiser. They had 8 years to plan a change of course and now that it's show-time they have nothing coherent to offer. Put your money on the Dems for the next 3 years. Maybe they'll run Mr T or that kid from Facebook.

The elected official should swear a Hippocratic Oath to do no harm.

I am thinking of that $1,200 tax reduction over the next 10 years, what should I do with that $12,000. If this tax reduction increases the USA need to borrow (budget deficit) by $1.5 trillion dollars or $46,439 per current USA citizen, I can use it to lower my share of the deficit and only be $34,439 in the hole. But then again I will pass that debt on to my kids, let them pay for it.

I wonder who will be getting the remaining $34,439 that I am borrowing and will be obligated to pay back?

It seems to me that the wealthy are throwing a bone to the middle class to agree to the borrow so they can reap the lions share of the borrow.

What ever happened to the fiscal conservatives that vowed to lower the deficit and balance the budget and now are pitching a $1.5 trillion expansion of our debt.

Caster

I think they've been bought off by rich bankers who rigged the system in their favor.
    "Success is 99% determination"

Quote Originally Posted by caster View Post
    What ever happened to the fiscal conservatives that vowed to lower the deficit and balance the budget and now are pitching a $1.5 trillion expansion of our debt.

Caster
    When the other guys are in charge, they complain about the "tax and spend" liberals but when they're in charge, they do the same thing only they call it "economic stimulus", to quote Shakespeare, " a plague of both their houses!"

Quote Originally Posted by _Jason View Post
    I think they've been bought off by rich bankers who rigged the system in their favor.
    You might be on to something. The sensible thing to do would be to limit the amount of money that can be spent on political campaigns including that spent by third parties, that'd make politicians a lot harder to buy off but for some reason SCOTUS has ruled that spending money is equivalent to free speech and hence protected, so that can't happen, it's insanity.

The sensible thing to do would be to limit the amount of money that can be spent on political campaigns including that spent by third parties,
    Just remember that trump did it on the cheap. Tweeter, youtube and outrages statements that caused the press to cover him.

Caster

Administrator Site Admin
    President Trump: He was a necessary evil. He was the only person alive who could have beaten Hillary. She had it slam dunk until he came along. Hillary is totally owned by the big banks, big oil, and the Saudis. He saved the American people (and maybe the world) from Hillary and her "politics for sale" system. (Donate a million to the Clinton Foundation and you can have anything you want.)

But President Trump's job is already done; it was done back last November; he serves no further useful purpose. It's time for him to go.

Richard
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.

From the outside, Trump seems to have the USA at heart however forgetting he is from big business, which he will continue in after he's no longer POTUS, is a mistake.

All political candidates should swear a Hippocratic oath, and be held accountable after they are replaced.

Taking fundraising (political contributions etc) out of the equation would go a very long way, as a start.

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    I fear it's too late for Canada..... "A nation lacking in national pride and identity has no future!" ~ ME! America is getting a 2nd chance.
    As nice as Justin's hair is, it won't save the country.
    Keep slinging mud... You're putting a smile on my face.

There is no lack of national pride in Canada. Maybe you could shed some light on your stance there. Does the local Texas news stations spend much air time going in depth on Canadian culture...? Seeing as I have lived in Canada for some time now (~44yrs) and have an understanding of what Canadian "identity" is or was, and will say I do feel like our identity is slipping away as we cater to the masses that fall off the boats onto our shores.

It would make for a good mini documentary series if Justin's hair did save the country. Although I'm not sure what we need saving from...? Debt is debt. Every nation is going to have it on some level. Other than that, our only real out of the ordinary concern is how Trump will make doing business in the States too difficult to bother with.

FWIW... It's: "The United States is getting a 2nd chance" ...I'm just as "American" as you. ...Fuk Ya
    FLAME ON...!!!!

And here we go..... See posts 13 and 14.

Roger