Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian meddling in US election

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    lol... Says the man with a part time ski instructor and substitute high school drama teacher for a leader. Oh canada.....
    What's your point...? I'd take a toddler only adept at finger painting with his or her on shit than vote trump in....lol

However, our election results that lead to Justin's win parallels what happened to allow Trump's current regime. Much like Hillary, the average joe Canadian was terrified of another term of Stephen Harper. So it wasn't so much about Justin (Trump) but more so that they didn't want Harper (Hillary).

At least Justin has good hair...lol
    FLAME ON...!!!!

We are no angels but I still don't like it when an outsider meddles with us. We have enough internal dissent and divisivness we don't need a former kgb agent to pile on. Then again maybe some if not all that dissent and divisivness can be traced back to russian ads....

Caster

I see this thread blowing up if we can't keep our cool. Let's try to step lightly, here, and keep it civil.

Roger

Administrator Site Admin
    Yes. No blowing up is allowed on the forum. It's okay to say what you want in the DW section, but no insults or personal attacks.

Richard
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.

I fear it's too late for Canada..... "A nation lacking in national pride and identity has no future!" ~ ME! America is getting a 2nd chance.
    As nice as Justin's hair is, it won't save the country.

WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jagboy69
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

I guess I don't know if I've ever seen one of those Russian ads. They must be pretty potent. I should hire them to advertise my business.lol. If they're responsible for Trump winning, then good God they're good at it.
    Seriously though, what kind of false or outlandish messages could they have made that are any more slanted or contrived than what we see on cable news like MSNBC or Fox, or the websites of formerly (believed to be) credible magazines like National Review. Maybe that's why they're so effective, because they sound just like the domestic bullshit. Can't tell if they're "real lies" or "fake lies". Of course the lies from the White House aren't lies at all, but alternative facts, oh my God it's getting so confusing. How's a guy supposed to form an informed misguided opinion when he can't tell the fake lies from the real ones's? Pray for Mueller to get down to the bottom of this mess.

Pete

I think the Russian adds were the ones that showed Hillary with a distorted face exclaiming "Hillary did this when faced with bla bla bla." You had to click on them to watch a video. They were obviously aimed at the bottom half of the IQ bell curve. In fact most of the whole election was aimed at the bottom half of the IQ bell curve!
    What is that squeaking noise?

Even though it been over a year since the election, I still can't believe y'all backed yourself into a corner where your choice was Hillary or Donald, it seems to me neither one of them was fit to be on the ballot.

Anyways, I agreed with Pete, it's tough to sort out the facts from the BS.

Near as I can tell, here's where things stand as of now: Trump and/or his associates colluded with at least one foreign entity specifically Wikileaks. Wikileaks was, perhaps unwittingly, a proxy for the Russians. Among the big questions yet to be answered, how far up the chain of command did the collusion extend? Did Trump et al. know Wikileaks was being used as a proxy? For that matter, did Wikileaks? Did Trump et al. collude with any other foreign entities or individuals? And if so, is Trump in any way still beholden to them?

As for the future of Canada as compared to the U.S. after having watched U.S. politics from afar for the last 18-24 months, I'll just say this, I've never been happier NOT to be an American.

Quote Originally Posted by Petee716 View Post
    I guess I don't know if I've ever seen one of those Russian ads. They must be pretty potent. I should hire them to advertise my business.lol. If they're responsible for Trump winning, then good God they're good at it.
    Seriously though, what kind of false or outlandish messages could they have made that are any more slanted or contrived than what we see on cable news like MSNBC or Fox, or the websites of formerly (believed to be) credible magazines like National Review. Maybe that's why they're so effective, because they sound just like the domestic bullshit. Can't tell if they're "real lies" or "fake lies". Of course the lies from the White House aren't lies at all, but alternative facts, oh my God it's getting so confusing. How's a guy supposed to form an informed misguided opinion when he can't tell the fake lies from the real ones's? Pray for Mueller to get down to the bottom of this mess.

Pete
    It is my understanding that the Internet Research Agency flooded social media with anti-Hillary memes and "news" articles (the click-bait type) that sought to run Hillary down; but not necessarily prop Trump up. Wikileaks was the icing on the cake.

Frankly, if literally anybody else had secured the Democratic nomination, we'd probably have another Democrat in the White House right now. However, they annointed the candidate we didn't want. Now, as the nation's liberal elite search for the "why" their candidate failed, they supposition is that it was Russian propaganda that somehow swayed voters to vote for Trump; not voting for a big criminal political machine.
    Last edited by _Jason; 11-25-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    "Success is 99% determination"

You know, its always a bad strategy when your sucess is based on your opponent losing and not your virtues winning. Hillary did a good job not winning all on her own. I was amazed how trump knocked out 17 primary opponents, many would have made a fine president. With hindsight they all would have been more sucesssful at running the contry. One year down, three to go and the midterms are comming up.

Caster