Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian meddling in US election

Administrator Site Admin

Russian meddling in US election

I find the outrage expressed by Americans at the Russian efforts to sway the US election more than amusing; it's hypocritical. Look at the history of US meddling (and far worse) in the elections and regime changes all over the world. The US actively overthrew elected governments in a number of countries during the twentieth century so they could put in their own stooges. They put Batista in Cuba, Somoza in Nicaragua, Trujillo in The Dominican Republic, The Shah in Iran, Saddam Hussein in Iraq, Qaddafi in Libya, and Nguyen Ky in South Vietnam. (Boy did most of those turn around and bite us in the ass.) And that's just for starters. Any American who gets the least bit righteous about Russian meddling had better look at his own sordid history----and it's still going on.

R
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.

Damn, Rasper.....that hurts! It's true, but still hurts.
    Perhaps, in the future, our leaders will remember the lesson, and never meddle in off-shore politics again. (OK, you all can start laughing now.)

Roger

It's all fun and games, until someone else wins!
    What is that squeaking noise?

I've been thinking this all along Richard. The reason we knew what the Russians were up to is because we do the same stuff. And, for that matter, we allow George Soros' people to do it too.

The reason its such a big deal right now is because Hillary lost the election. If she'd won, you'd never heard the first peep about it.
    "Success is 99% determination"

HA! RUSSIAN MEDDLING This is a BS narrative from the left to blame any and everyone for their own FAILURE. THEY choose to run a crooked, lying, deceitful and greedy old BITCH HAG HILLARY and they LOST! The leftist media is slowly start to wake up to their ways.... The longer they push this nonsense, the more damage they do to themselves. I say let them run their mouths.

I can't wait for the day Sessions starts handing out indictments like candy to the hillary camp. The only russian connection I see is the uranium mess which hillary TOTALLY OWNS! I have some serious questions that I want answered about that one. Next, I want some answers regarding the now failing clinton foundation. Their money sure dried up with a QUICKNESS when she lost. LMAO
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jagboy69
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

The silver lining to this cloud is, I'm making money faster than I can spend it and I haven't worked a day in the last 7 years. YeaHah!!!!!!!!!!
    What is that squeaking noise?

I know nothing of US politics... But I do know, that Trump is a power hungry douche, that hasn't excelled at anything other than convincing people that he is worth more than a grain of salt. How many times has Trump's various companies declared bankruptcy...? If you can't balance your check book then how the hell can you run a nation...lol

The fact that Mericans opted for him to run the country over Hlllary honestly doesn't speak to his character in the slightest though. It does however, display how badly the masses didn't want Hillary at the helm.
    FLAME ON...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J. Vibert View Post
    I
    The fact that Mericans opted for him to run the country over Hlllary honestly doesn't speak to his character in the slightest though. It does however, display how badly the masses didn't want Hillary at the helm.
    lol... Says the man with a part time ski instructor and substitute high school drama teacher for a leader. Oh canada.....
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jagboy69
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

I know nothing of US politics..
    I do and sometimes wish I didnt. It's not about the politics in general, but about the divide that has been driven between the US people in general. It's become more of a question of "what football team do you support" than actually understanding the politics behind it. It's a form of political hooliganism. I, myself, living in Putin's backyard (so to say) am scared shitless of the guy. He is crazy enough to really act on the threats he makes (anything to restore the gory of Mother Russia). Remember how the US was supposed to be building the missile defense system located in three countries (Poland, Czech, and I forget the third) and Moscows response? This is my paraphrasing, but you can look it up to get the actual words.. "If the US continues with this missile defense system, and Poland agrees to host it. We look at this as a confront against our nation, and a nuclear strike is IMMINENT."(I'll have to find the actual quote from the Russian (I think it was the Minister of Defense), but it was pretty close o what I said/ I think our government also believes he is crazy enough to act on his words. Unlike N.Korea, I also believe he is crazy enough to act but doesnt have the technological capacity to be as much as a threat as Russia.

The fact that Mericans
    I thought for a second you mistyped the "r" with an "x". I will say this though, Im not republican or democrat (like I said earlier, Im not rooting for any team... just a person with my own beliefs) but I definitely support immigration control, and Im 100% against affirmative action (When I was last in the states I actually had an employer tell me doesnt hire anybody that isnt Mexican!). As long as we're on the subject (ok maybe Im changing the subject), this whole thing about race equality has me PO'd. Try living in a predominately black neighborhood and riding the bus. I actually got slapped in the face by some older black man telling me "I ate you white people". This was in the Detroit area, where they also have what is called the "Black Pages", a list of businesses that are black owned and operated. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against any ethnicity, but if there were such a thing for Caucasian businesses, It would be a shit storm.

Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving to you all in the US.. and happy Thursday to those elsewhere. Remember that Thanksgiving was originally a day of learning, harvest, and celebrating with those who were different than us (different religion, ethnicity, beliefs, politics, etc..)Maybe we could all take a lesson from our ancestors and learn to live among each other peacefully.
    Cheers,
    Kyle

Edit: After re-reading (my "L" key doesnt work so good. I meant to say "Glory" earlier but instead said "Gory".. not sure which is better when it comes to Russia.. Now I have the Gorky Park/Winds of change/Scorpions song stuck in my head

It's the same swamp with new alligators and a whole lot of sour grapes.
    I have to agree with Richards sentiments except for the fact that I don't know any American who gives one single shit exept a handful of Pollyannas who just can't accept the fact that there is a huckster in the whitehouse. This is all Trump haters and media bandwagon stuff. The average American is unaffected and unconcerned as far as I know. And so is the government by and large. Why would anyone be surprised that a major power would try to exert influence in their own interests? This happens everywhere from the international stage to the sewing circle and it always has. Trump got linked to it because some of his rubes stepped into an open trap that others probably would have sidestepped. Otherwise this would be old news.
    Solomon said it best "There is nothing new under the sun."

Pete