Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grievances

None, the world and everyone in it are beautiful. Oh wait a minute...

Spiced Holiday Porter
    That sounds so good! Can you send me some? Always been a porter lover.
    Men who can't seem to hit the urinal
    I agree 100%. I forget what my son and I were watching the other day, but he said "That's what a girls bathroom looks like? Its so clean!"

I recall an AA member giving me flack for even thinking casting in the winter is an inconvenience.
    What the hell else am I supposed to do all winter??
    What peeves me is when you buy, say, a 3/8" dowel and a 3/8" drill bit and it turns out the dowel is .003" over and the bit is .002" under. Now, how's a guy supposed to cram that dowel in the hole?
    I hear you, but I have to say Id rather the hole be tight than loose. No, seriously thats why I always drill much smaller than called for.

What gets to me?
    • Media bias. And seeing we, the people, almost effortlessly shaped by their bias. From elections to moral values.
    • When my wife and I have have morning / afternoon tea on the verandah, and she says, "I have been thinking...", and you know that what is going to come out next is some project around the house that will occupy my (not her) every spare moment for the next 6-12 months.

R.

I've got a great answer to the "Honey, I've been thinking..." thing! "I don't have time honey, I'm working on your car." (Little red Triumph Spitfire getting bigger engine, trans, and differential)
    IMG_3199.jpg
    What is that squeaking noise?

and she says, "I have been thinking..."
    I know this one all to well. I absolutely love a project, but my wife is a little crazy. Its a good thing our property is small, otherwise we would end up like the lady from Hearst Castle (for those of you not familiar with it, the lady owner went crazy and felt she had to keep expanding and upgrading - it's in California). Come Christmas time its always a huge renovation (and repainting every f-ing year!). My biggest gripe is that she wants these huge projects done, but complains about dust, dirt, etc. We're talking about huge remodeling, like tearing out walls and building new ones etc. There's gonna be a mess! Deal with it. Also, she gets her mind set on remodeling at Xmass, so the spring projects are already in her head. My second biggest gripe is that she complains about how long it takes. I finally snapped back the other day and told her "Im not a f-in miracle worker", one man can only do so much (all these jobs I do solo). Enough said, come spring Im tearing out the kitchen wall (which is a load bearing exterior wall) because it's more convenient for her to walk out onto the deck instead of walking around through the front or back door. Like I said, its a good thing I love a good project. Just dont give me shit about the mess and time and we're all good.
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
    Enough said, come spring Im tearing out the kitchen wall (which is a load bearing exterior wall) ...Kyle
    I don't think they have any idea of the size / level of difficulty of any job around the house. ANY job!

"I have been thinking... what we need is some shade cloth over the back area". Firstly, the "we" means her. Secondly, she doesn't "need" it. She "wants" it. And thirdly, it isn't going to be held up with sky hooks. So 3/4" threaded rod welded to plates fixed inside the roof to each roof truss poke out the eaves at each point. Hanging off each of these is steel box section to the rear concrete retainer wall of the property, with expansion joints at the ends... No idea!

Yes. A pet peeve of mine is, "I have been thinking..."

R.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
    My biggest gripe is that she wants these huge projects done, but complains about dust, dirt, etc. We're talking about huge remodeling, like tearing out walls and building new ones etc. There's gonna be a mess!
    But...but...Chip & Joanne and the Property Brothers don't make that big a mess on HGTV!!
    "Success is 99% determination"

What pisses me off is my neighbor got a dog several months ago. He leaves the dog out at 7 to 8 am during the week and even on weekends and it starts barking so loudly it wakes me up. It keeps barking for many many hours maybe 6 hours some days? I cannot even go anywhere in the house or basement to not hear it. I'm at my wits end.

I have some renters that moved in next to me that have 3 dogs and they bark constantly. I called the landlord.. SURPRISE! They weren't suppose to have any dogs. Around 7pm, they come visit me and I'm the bad guy because I called the landlord and then told me the pet deposit was paid. I told them I'm thinking about buying a power hammer and I sure hope your gate doesn't blow open while you are away at work. Been quiet ever since.
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jagboy69
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Reminds me of the movie "How to kill your neighbors dog". Thank god my dog is somewhat silent (white lab). The people on the other side of the river have like 10 dogs that all like to go crazy anytime a siren goes by.

on a different note..
    But...but...Chip & Joanne and the Property Brothers don't make that big a mess on HGTV!!
    Dont know who they are, but if it's American the difference is that everything here is block construction as opposed to drywall. I hate drywall, but it's much cleaner.

Yes. A pet peeve of mine is, "I have been thinking..."
    I have come to realize that I much prefer the "I have been thinking...", than the "We have to talk.." The former means I actually have a project to keep me busy, as the latter means something more serious that I really dont have time to deal with because Im doing the the former.

Anyways, Merry X-Mass to you all. Cheers!!