Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grievances

Administrator Site Admin
    Forum grievance #1:
    Posters who use abbreviations, acronyms, buzz-words, and other short-cut slang instead of plain English that everyone can understand. For instance, POP. Not everyone knows what POP stands for. There are many, many more that are more arcane that people throw around as if everyone knows what they are talking about. Everyone does not.

Richard
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.

Things that piss me off?:

• Drivers who insist on riding in my blind spot and won't allow me to move over
    • Toll ways
    • Self-important individuals
    • Disorganization
    • Never having time to finish every project I start
    • Trying to find the tool I need to finish what I'm working on that I just had yesterday
    • When both kegs in the kegerator kick and I don't have any more beer waiting in the wings
    "Success is 99% determination"

Administrator Site Admin
    Jason---your list seemed to be complaints about ordinary life-----until I got down to the last one. Oh My God! How do you deal with such a thing? Perhaps there is an emergency beer delivery service in Fort Worth. Kind of like an ambulance service---an ambulance with a cold keg in the back. Maybe even your medical insurance would pay for it. After all, what could be worse for your well being than the shock of an empty keg?

Richard

Richard

I just got my new Insurance rates for next year... For the wife and I.... Early 40's good health and a CRAPPY plan... $1200 a month! Damn right insurance better deliver a COLD keg in a whahhhmbulance!!!
    If I ever meet john mccain, I'll kick him straight in the sack!
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jagboy69
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Administrator Site Admin
    For the wife and I.... Early 40's good health and a CRAPPY plan... $1200 a month!
    Yet another reason I love living in Mexico. My doctor comes to my house to consult with my wife and me and stays an hour or more (like they did in America back when I was a kid). It costs 40 dollars.(And he is an excellent doctor.) Drugs are so cheap here that you don't need insurance. The exact same brands that sell for a fortune in the USA cost little here. Americans are being robbed. My wife's asthma inhaler that costs 180 dollars in the US is less than 40 dollars here. The exact same thing, in the same package, made by the same company. Go figure!

Richard

What peeves me is when you buy, say, a 3/8" dowel and a 3/8" drill bit and it turns out the dowel is .003" over and the bit is .002" under. Now, how's a guy supposed to cram that dowel in the hole?

I recall an AA member giving me flack for even thinking casting in the winter is an inconvenience. I think his name was Jeff....
    FLAME ON...!!!!

Ha! Busted!

I'm pretty sure that was actually encouragement though, not flack!

Moot point anyhow, all that snow melted away yesterday when it jumped up to a balmy 8C...

OK fine, I'll say it (hope this was worth the wait): You were right and I was wrong. Winter sucks and makes maintaining a safe pouring area a real PITA! I am now older and wiser enough to see it.

In my own defense, back then I was doing lost foam exclusively, with a charcoal furnace and a newbie's enthusiasm. Loose dry sand for lost foam casting and lump charcoal both fare a lot better in the frozen winter months than water based green sand and the WVO I burn these days. Plus the Black Dread is big, he won't fit into my less-prone-to-being-snowed-in shed the way my gingery charcoal furnace did, especially since I have my snowblower in there now. Blah blah blah, excuses excuses, I know.

Gotta say, you are making me want to double down on my former stubbornness and try to keep things going all winter long just so I can say I told you so. It will likely mean switching from wvo to diesel and storing my sand in the house so I can use the dining room table as my off-season molding bench... Dude, the wife is gonna be thrilled! Don't worry, I'll make sure you get all the credit for this idea.

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos | TheHomeFoundry Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rasper View Post
    Jason---your list seemed to be complaints about ordinary life-----until I got down to the last one. Oh My God! How do you deal with such a thing? Perhaps there is an emergency beer delivery service in Fort Worth. Kind of like an ambulance service---an ambulance with a cold keg in the back. Maybe even your medical insurance would pay for it. After all, what could be worse for your well being than the shock of an empty keg?

Richard

Richard,

In our case, we almost turned cartwheels once the last keg kicked because we were tired of drinking the same gose over and over and over again. To make up for it, I have the following nearing completion:

• Apple Cinnamon Wheat Ale
    • Lemondrop Blonde Ale
    • Spiced Holiday Porter

I am also highly pleased to report that our giant liquor store up the street, Total Wine, has a very fine selection of craft beers available. Certainly plenty to tide my wife and I over until our next beer hits the draft lines.

-Jason
    "Success is 99% determination"

My two biggest pet peeves;
    1): Educated people that have either forgotten all their intelligence, or act unbelievably stupid. I just want to scream at them to go back to school and turn in their diploma, because they obviously didn't earn it.

B): Men who can't seem to hit the urinal. I mean, it's a big, wall-mounted target, and they've got a handle that they can aim with.....what the hell is the problem?

But maybe I'm just too much of a grumpy, old, opinionated S.O.B.

Roger