Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grievances

Grievances

I thought this might be a fun (and maybe therapeutical) thread to start. There were so many people complaining about big box stores, that I thought we could start a thread about things that annoy, bother, irritate, piss you off, or anything else.
    I'll start, Im guessing that my stupid ass comments annoy you. Im not as stupid as you think, I just drink alot. I am usually on here everyday reading and trying to learn, trying to understand. Dont usually post unless Im drunk. So there it is.. Besides that, things that piss me off :
    Bad drivers, here everybody thinks they are a race care driver...they drive like A-holes to just get one car ahead and still be stuck in traffic (usually behind you!)
    My wifes time of the month,
    Not being able to find simple things where I live
    The fact me "L" key doesnt work right and I have to double check everything I type.
    The fact Im getting old and cant see worth of shit without glasses, which I always destroy because Im not used to wearing glasses.
    you get the point, but let's hear yours..

Alright, its official. I'm getting a breathalyzer for my computer. I realize my PUI (posting under the influence) has gotten out of hand. I apologize. I don't really even remember starting this thread. I promise that for now on, I will only post when I have something worthwhile to say. Sorry I've been such a dumbass.

Cheers,
    Kyle

At least there's plenty of good beer in Poland.lol

Blog Entries
    Petee716, your not too far away in Buffalo, but here in rural Pa towns are so small that we can not afford a town drunk, so we are all on a schedule, and it is the same schedule for village idiot.
    Kent
    Kent
    There is beauty, power and excitement in simple old technology!

Quote Originally Posted by machinemaker View Post
    Petee716, your not too far away in Buffalo, but here in rural Pa towns are so small that we can not afford a town drunk, so we are all on a schedule, and it is the same schedule for village idiot.
    Kent
    Now that put a smile on my face. Many years ago I got tired of it always being my turn so I gave it up for good. I'm still in the idiot rotation though!

Quote Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
    things that piss me off .
    -Finding my tools that I swear I put back in their spots after using it the last time.
    -Tidying up after my wife has "tidied" up. ...I love her to death but her idea of dealing with a mess and/or putting something away that she doesn't have a place for, is putting it in the garage, which of course is the spot I take cleaning responsibility for.
    -Finding the time and motivation to actually finish projects. ...The first 80% of anything takes me 1/10th the time the last 20% does
    FLAME ON...!!!!

Right now, what's ticking me off is all the snow that came down on my pouring area on Saturday night. But it is supposed to go up to 9C tomorrow (= ~48F), so hopefully it won't stick around... and having not shoveled the driveway will seem smart rather than lazy!

But yesterday it was having all the clamps I need to glue up a new pattern right there in my hands... Then by the time I was ready to use them, they had disappeared. I'd love to blame the kids, but I'm 99% sure I just set them down someplace weird where nobody would ever think to look for them...

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos | TheHomeFoundry Forums

First of all, thanks guys for contributing to my thread. It makes me feel like less of a dumbass. Even in my inebriated state, I knew this could be fun.

My main complaint of the day is that my wife and I had to have the "sit down". She is concerned that I dont care enough because I didnt call her on her way driving to a meeting. My response "You were driving! Why should I be calling you?". Her response "To make sure everything was ok.". Im not a big talk on the phone person (that was the other thing, "You never talk to me anymore" (Thats because you're always on the phone talking to other people!!). Anyways..

Finding my tools that I swear I put back in their spots after using it the last time.
    I know that one all to well. I lost almost a half days work not that long ago trying to find the key to my angle grinder. I eventually used a nail and hammer, but it was the point of principle I couldnt find it. Im an extremely well organized person (might even put OCD to shame with my OCD in my garage).
    Tidying up after my wife has "tidied" up.
    . Thats why the wife isnt allowed to help clean the garage. I have a system, organization, and a method to the madness.

Right now, what's ticking me off is all the snow that came down on my pouring area
    We finally got our first snow here last night. I love it! Why is your pouring area in an area that will get wet? Also, I am also a huge fan of GRR Martin's books. Obviously you have read the books and not just bought into the whole popularity of the HBO series. I need to re-read, because I lost track of what was going on while waiting 7 years for the next book.

I melt and pour outdoors because, well, the wife frowns on me firing up the waste oil burner in the dining room. Something about not wanting the upholstery getting all sooty again or something. Plus the whole not wanting to burn the place down thing.

I could try to keep the casting space clear of snow and keep melting and pouring all winter, but my molding bench with all my water bonded sand in it is out in an unheated shed, so once winter comes for real it freezes, so basically there's no point, or rather it's too problematic to bother. So I just don't cast until spring. Other than maybe the odd lost foam casting. In the winter I usually try to keep busy making patterns and working on other projects until my sand thaws out and the ice melts enough that I can open up my shed to get at the furnace and casting season starts up again. Maybe one day I'll come up with some way of sheltering my melt/pour area better and find a way to keep my sand from freezing so it doesn't want to stick well, but it's a work in progress.

Yes, I am a quietly raging A Song of Ice and Fire nerd, been waiting various "next books" to come out since 2005 and counting myself lucky books 1 thru 3 were already out when I got in. Although waiting is half the fun, it gives you time to come up with crazy fan theories! What gave me away, my handle, my sig line, or the fact that I made my own Valyrian bronze axe from ancient Westeros this past summer?

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos | TheHomeFoundry Forums

Jeff, then it's time to jump into lost wax. You can do all your wax carving work in the winter and even get stuff into shell just waiting for dewax and burnout later.

Oh...things that piss me off??? My town that is allergic to installing stupid turning lanes.
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jagboy69
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --