Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Grievances

Steves post really got me interested so I started googling around looking at cougar range and habitat. I checked some of the citations in the wiki and it turns out one was seen (maybe killed, I don't remember) within the city limits of Chicago not so long ago. That's a cool picture of an awesome animal.
    There's a cat that roams my neighborhood and can be seen ranging a couple square miles. I don't know if it's male or female but it has the biggest set of (courage) I've ever seen. I saw him and the red fox that lives in the woods across the street from my house having a show-down in the neighbors yard. Probably 10 yards apart just pointing at each other. After a couple of minutes the fox turned and went back in the woods. As the cat sauntered away you could hear him saying "who's the pussy now!?"

Pete

https://globalnews.ca/news/3928191/t...n-alberta/amp/

You guys see this one? Guy kills a big cougar in a legal hunt, and our former PM's wife accuses him of having a small penis. The hunter, not the lion. Wtf.

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos | TheHomeFoundry Forums

Seems to me that he should reply with "When did I bed you down, Ma'am?" Another response might be something to the effect that 90% of those complaining would change their tune in a heart beat if that cat had come into the backyard and ate their pet dog or cat.

Roger

Well, the local rumour is she was actually living in a hotel in downtown Ottawa for most of her husband's run as PM, so anything is possible I suppose...

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos | TheHomeFoundry Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfcreek-Steve View Post
    Just saw this on facebook this morning, 30 miles from my house! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    This is a reason for concealed carry. I often go out poking around in my junk pile at night, don't want to meet him face to face, can't run worth a shit any more.
    I've been catching up on this thread this morning, and this made me chuckle....

Are the cougars in your neck of the woods so pistol savvy that they will avoid you only have an open carry permit...?
    FLAME ON...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J. Vibert View Post

Are the cougars in your neck of the woods so pistol savvy that they will avoid you only have an open carry permit...?
    I don't carry because I feel I'm too volatile, (short fuse) but if I did, I wouldn't open carry, because of the stigma that bad people carry guns. (and in many cases it is true)
    What is that squeaking noise?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Vibert View Post

I believe the cougars in my neck of the woods to be blissfully ignorant of concealed pistols. However, they also wear skinny clothes and live at the mall...

Wait...what kind of cougar were you guys talking about?
    "Success is 99% determination"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfcreek-Steve View Post
    I wouldn't open carry, because of the stigma that bad people carry guns. (and in many cases it is true)
    Oh ok... That makes sense to me. That reasoning for preferring a conceal/carry was lost on me after reading the post I quoted.
    FLAME ON...!!!!

A lot of bad people do carry guns. Never in the open though as they are probably not allowed to carry in the first place. Only time you’ll see a bad person with a gun in the open is when they are about to use it or in the process of using it. With any luck a few good guys will have a bead on them for their trouble.

That said I don’t open carry either. Pretty much puts a target on you, draws too much attention, and takes away the valuable element of surprise.

BTW, I definitely prefer mall cougars over woods cougars. I’m not sure which is more dangerous but I’ll take my chances.

I carry concealed all the time. I moved to a big city full of bums and don't trust any of them at all. I enjoy my quality of life, my health, and all my stuff about me. I don't want to hurt anyone; but I don't want anyone to hurt me, either.

The guys I ran around with in upstate PA carried a lot of guns too. They all had concealed carry permits and carried. Plus had rifles and shotguns in their trucks. Maybe they were concerned with the local cougar population?

As a side note, I've seen more Confederate battle flags hung up in yards and hanging out of windows in rural West Virginia and western Pennsylvania than I ever have down in the South where I'm from. Was kind of weird and made me feel strangely uneasy...
    "Success is 99% determination"