Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Grievances

Dogs are easy, they'll eat anything you throw over the fence. LSD burgers anyone?
    I live among wife's relatives, (Moved away now) seemed they had to have outside cats to keep the mice population down. One small problem, I have a storage shed with a dirt floor! After a winter of neighbor cats using my dirt floor as a bathroom, it began to smell mighty rank in there. I didn't bother to take the issue up with bro-in-law, I just went to the store and bought some nice tasty kitty food, laced it with flybait and by evening the problem was solved. Was talking to Bro-in-law weeks later, he figured the big hawk that had been hanging around got them, I didn't argue with him.
    What is that squeaking noise?

Quote Originally Posted by Zapins View Post
    What pisses me off is my neighbor got a dog several months ago. He leaves the dog out at 7 to 8 am during the week and even on weekends and it starts barking so loudly it wakes me up. It keeps barking for many many hours maybe 6 hours some days? I cannot even go anywhere in the house or basement to not hear it. I'm at my wits end.
    There is certainly an ordinance in your town. Call the dog warden. No need to harm the dog or to tolerate your neighbors ignorance. I live in a hick town and it's not tolerated here. No roosters allowed in the village either.

Pete

We had a lady living a couple blocks away, she had chickens, we got free eggs.. it was a good deal until the twit thought a rooster would be cool. Here come the city and goodbye free eggs. I told the bitch next door if the dogs keep barking, I'm installing a big ass power hammer.. Hello Sunday morning at 7am! I dont have the balls to poison anyones dog. These are small dogs that belong inside on the couch, not left outside all day.. It's not their fault their owners are crappy.

Confuscious say, Throw wild party, Be sure to invite the neighbors!
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jagboy69
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    I don't have the balls to poison anyone's dog. These are small dogs that belong inside on the couch, not left outside all day.. It's not their fault their owners are crappy.
    ************************************************** *************************
    Not to mention that it's a rather horrible way for anything to die, let alone someone's "pet" . I'd just as soon use a well-placed bullet. It's a lot less painful and much quicker.

Roger

We had a lady living a couple blocks away, she had chickens, we got free eggs.. it was a good deal until the twit thought a rooster would be cool. Here come the city and goodbye free eggs. I told the bitch next door if the dogs keep barking, I'm installing a big ass power hammer.. Hello Sunday morning at 7am! I dont have the balls to poison anyones dog. These are small dogs that belong inside on the couch, not left outside all day.. It's not their fault their owners are crappy.

Confuscious say, Throw wild party, Be sure to invite the neighbors!
    Don't confuse balls with a conscience. Ive heard the hot dogs-and-fish hooks talk before. Most who would actually do that are already in prison. I've killed several of my neighbors animals over the years (at their requests) and found the memories to be most regrettable. Won't do it again. Vermin-at-large are an entirely different matter no matter their species.

Pete

Vermin? not a problem. I use a live trap and let animal control put them to sleep. I'm inside city limits and I'm pretty sure the cops would haul me in if I shot a skunk with an ar-15! Some might think skunks are pets, but my dog has been sprayed twice in my back yard just trying to take a piss. Miserable experience for me and my dog.

omg, hot dog and a fish hook? How sadistic can anyone be?
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jagboy69
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Vermin? not a problem. I use a live trap and let animal control put them to sleep.
    ************************************************** **********************************

Really?! The "animal control" around these parts only deals with domesticated critters, even though we have our fair share of raccoons, groundhogs, etc., etc. They won't deal with the wild pests, but also don't allow us a reasonable way to take care of the problem ourselves.

I'm inside city limits and I'm pretty sure the cops would haul me in if I shot a skunk with an ar-15!
    ************************************************** **************************************************

Then don't use a high power! Do what I do, and use the sniper's creed. A bolt-action .22 with subsonic rounds, and NEVER take a second shot.
    A single shot, your neighbors can't detect where it came from. A second shot will get you busted.

Roger

When my uncle was half joking about throwing a poisoned steak over the fence for the neighbour's noisy dog, his then-wife asked, completely seriously, "but how will you get him to throw himself onto it?"

(+1 for not murdering your neighbours' pets, go for the owners instead! )

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos | TheHomeFoundry Forums

People are cruel. Thats all there is to it. I remember watching some documentary that said people and cats (I love my cat, but she is a cold blooded killer) are the only species that kill for no reason or for fun/entertainment/sport. When I say people are cruel, it also includes keeping animals that you have no space for or are not in some type of natural environment. So many people here have large dogs, that live in a 30 square meter apartment. Or most people keep their dogs in a small enclosement on a chain even when its 20c below here. I couldnt justify killing any animal unless I was going to eat it or if I were in the stone ages and needed it's hide to keep me alive. I agree with vermin (however I dont include racoons, skunk, etc the larger breeds as vermin. To me it's mice and rats (Theyre the only ones getting into my garage and chewing shit up for winter and possible of spreading disease, Im sure if I were bit by a racoon I would change my mind (speaking of which the story of the racoon attacking the baby girl the other day is crazy).
    One last comment, about 3 years ago when I brought my son back to America for the first time (we moved here when he was 5 months old) , we were in my home town and there were reward signs for the arrest of someone who killed a dog with a crossbow. My son was in a shop (which I knew well from my childhood) and saw it and said "That's so sad. I wonder who's dog it was?". The shopkeeper replied "It was my dog, my neighbor did it, I just dont have enough proof."
    Point is, dont own an animal if you cant care for it correctly!

Kyle

one last comment before I go to bed,
    I've killed several of my neighbors animals over the years (at their requests) and found the memories to be most regrettable. Won't do it again.
    Ive had to slit a cows throat to save the babies by sticking my hand up there and pulling them out. not an experience I would like to repeat. but it was necessary.

Kyle