Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Grievances

We're not allowed to open carry in New York. You have to have a permit and it has to be concealed. There are pretty strict restrictions on when you can carry too. Hunting/target, business protection, possess on premises, etc. It can be difficult to get an unrestricted carry, often reserved for law enforcement retirees and judges. You can't be prosecuted for carrying outside of your restriction designation but they'll revoke your permit if you do and if they feel like it.
    I don't even want to get into the stupidity of the law or the troubling implications of New York's "Safe Act" but I can tell you it's stupid and troubling. They can say it ain't so all they want but the state government is just waiting for the opportunity to take them. They jammed their agenda through within weeks after SandyHook saying the new law was a direct response to the tragedy. I've read the entirety of the law and although I've never written a law, even an ignoramus like me knows something that comprehensive and polished took months or years to write. It was just sitting on a shelf waiting for an opportunity to jam it through. Bastards.

Pete

Of course I have my own views on the "need" to carry firearms, and if the reasons are what they supposedly are, the subsequent benefit of concealment . I'll leave it at that...lol. I find the "gun control" .vs. the "right to bear arms" argument is akin to debating religion, or vegan-ism, so I always think it best not to take part.

What I did find out the other week is that we as Canadians (at least in Ontario) can carry hand guns, (I didn't know that) but in only if we are travelling to a range, returning home from point of purchase, or to a hunt. In all cases our travel route has to be submitted to the local authorities, and being caught off route without just cause has some serious consequences. Now, to be clear, I'm not a gun guy, and I'm just repeating what I was told. Somethings may be lost in translation, or be flat out misconceptions...lol I found it interesting none the less.
    FLAME ON...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J. Vibert View Post
    What I did find out the other week is that we as Canadians (at least in Ontario) can carry hand guns, (I didn't know that) but in only if we are travelling to a range, returning home from point of purchase, or to a hunt. In all cases our travel route has to be submitted to the local authorities, and being caught off route without just cause has some serious consequences.
    You've got to wonder if whoever wrote that up ever stopped to consider how much paper-work would need to be generated to follow these instructions. Or maybe that was the plan? Bury everybody in paper-work until they demanded and accepted SOMETHING/ANYTHING different?

Don
    Too many irons, not enough fire,

[Moves away from a radioactive gun laws argument.]

I think GMC is better product than Chevrolet and both are better than Ford. All three of them are inherently better than Dodge trucks!
    "Success is 99% determination"

Blog Entries
    Jason, I bought a used dodge a couple of years ago, wish I hadn't! As far as seeing cougars in the malls around here..... never see them, I think its bad genetics!
    kent
    Kent
    There is beauty, power and excitement in simple old technology!

Bought myself a 2017 Chevy truck back in August last year. First new vehicle purchase for me. Normally I'm dead set against buying new and suffering the resale loss. However I finally reached the point in my life where I don't gauge purchases on how easy it will be to unload them if I'm unhappy. Rather just buy what I know I will be happy with to begin with...lol

The paperwork on buying a new truck was minimal. I image the guys who developed our hand guns transportation laws haven't gotten their hands into that aspect of daily life just yet
    FLAME ON...!!!!

Those willing to give up some liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    -----Benjamin Franklin-------
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jagboy69
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Stupid is what stupid does.
    ----Forrest Gump----
    FLAME ON...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by _Jason View Post
    [Moves away from a radioactive gun laws argument.]

I think GMC is better product than Chevrolet and both are better than Ford. All three of them are inherently better than Dodge trucks!
    Jason, do you know the what the quality difference is between GMC and Chevrolet trucks? They put lock washers under the nuts on a GMC! Autocar put them under both the bolt head and nut, (Gods truth) now that was a truck.#2.jpg
    There aren't any Dodge trucks anymore, they're Rams and that's just another way of saying FIAT! Fix It Again Tony!
    What is that squeaking noise?