Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A sheet of metal followed me home

Already ordered the wheels. Shop space is too tight to justify a cart sitting around most of the time. Hell I even converted my one and only hand-truck into a cart for my oxy-fuel bottles and gear. Next major build is a gantry crane, seems much more versatile for not much of a foot-print. That's a long way off though, in fact I may put this project on hold a little while so I can finish up my furnace/cart and get the paint drying first.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, things that are useful are simple."
    - Mikhail Kalashnikov

How much space does a pump cart take up when it's parked under a 4x4' welding table....?

I'm guessing about 1sqft, (anyone have one we can measure up..?). ...and that's if the frame of the table is even with the extremes of the top.

With the wheels on order it's obviously too late. However for anyone else watching. A pump cart has a ton of practical use over a set of heavy duty wheels affixed to the end of a table leg. Plus allows you to use adjustable feet on the table to correct for an uneven floor, which is feature that's annoying to fabricated in when attaching casters.
    FLAME ON...!!!!

r4z, I found you some beams for your legs.

Or...... you could make a table out of this beast. LOL

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/mad...334856805.html

Oh wow, what an awesome find! Where are they? Those are perfect! Will they take $30 for all of them? Ironically, I just pulled four new 4x4's onto the table and am eager to get cuttin' 'cept this dang furnace keeps gettin' in the way

I'm guessing about 1sqft, (anyone have one we can measure up..?). ...and that's if the frame of the table is even with the extremes of the top.
    A lot more space than that unf. Believe you me, I realize they're usefulness, and I did seriously considered it as an option - it was a good and on-point suggestion. I even thought about what I could get rid of to make space. The pump-side of them wouldn't fit under the table fully (too tall), and so would be exactly in the way of the door to my house :S

So my plan is to build shelves under the table (at some point) to store materials. At least 1/4 of the space is going to be foot-room, so I can sit comfortably and weld (finally).
    - Mikhail Kalashnikov

While I respect y'all more, the actual building/construction of this welding table, seems more relevant over on the welding web.. Funny, guy over there suggested a pallet jack as well I've made a suggested design-change which opens up the possibility to use one. Though I'll still run with casters for now..."bird-in-hand" - as it were.
    - Mikhail Kalashnikov

After all the fabricacobbling you've done on your furnace build, now you think welding steel should be on a different forum...?...lol.

I'm just busting your balls. Looks like you're getting some very sage like advice over there...
    FLAME ON...!!!!

The Horror, MUTANY!!!

Off with his head.

There's some very knowledgeable people over there that are more than happy to help real people with real projects and offer skilled advise.

Keep us posted.

Hey now, y'all know I be back over here when it comes time to melt the table
    - Mikhail Kalashnikov

A small chain block would pick that up easily enough. I would flip it upside down, weld your legs on then flip it back on its feet again.

Cheers Phil
    So, whats your Plan B?

r4z,
    So did ya ever get that tank bomb plate welded up into a table?