Thread: Moulding bench on ebay uk

Moulding bench on ebay uk

Morning Gents ,I've not been on here much recently.. but i pop in for a look now and then !! I saw this on ebay and thought of you lot !! Bargain , offer a 100....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/flamefast-...wAAOSwKTBZc5z7

That's cool!

Another worthy future project build.

Red face

I imagine that's come from a school , metalwork and woodwork now deemed too dangerous for kids..I expect they teach them 3D printing is the future . Perhaps it is...?
    Actually, you can see some kid shut his fingers in the top...their blood is plastered over the top left corner...which was a good lesson . He'll learn to keep his hand away from the gap next time ....
    Last edited by zipgun; 09-05-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zipgun View Post
    I imagine that's come from a school , metalwork and woodwork now deemed too dangerous for kids..I expect they teach them 3D printing is the future . Perhaps it is...?
    Actually, you can see some kid shut his fingers in the top...their blood is plastered over the top left corner...which was a good lesson . He'll learn to keep his hand away from the gap next time ....
    I work in the schools now. And Just bought a bunch of School cast off Machines. The reasons they stopped the metal shop was insurance was too high, Low enrollment, and they couldn't find a qualified teacher.
    They closed down the woodshop at the same time. Fast forward 5 years, They are re-opening the wood shop. Some tools from the 50's-60's (so 0 OSHA approved guards), and they are adding a desktop CNC Router. I'm happy they are opening it back up, I think that it helps some kids (me!!!) learn a practical application of the stuff they try to teach in class. Also it might help some kid find a love for something they may not have the opportunity to try any other way. (how many folks do wood or metal working at home now??? they all just go to IKEA.... well except for us crazy nutjobs that hang out here ) I guess there's some hope we haven't screwed it all up yet!

CBB

Most of them don't even go to IKEA or anywhere else to shop.
    Just jump on line and order it.

Well it sold , did anyone here get it ? Gawd coming back on here has got me wanting to get back casting !! I have been casting recently actually... RUBBER ! If you're interested .... http://autoshite.com/topic/29372-mak.../#entry1302023

So we print a mold in PLA, burn it out and cast in aluminum or bronze, then use the mold with vulcanizing rubber!