Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishbonz Folly's

Jackpot!!!
    I found a junk shop that has a few of these, different meshes. I have a real riddle at last.
    I can get more, 20, 30, 40, and the little one peeking over the top is a 240.

Bones

Nice score. I have a set of those too. What diameter are they? Mine are 12". Wish they were 18" or 24" but those are typically quite pricey. They're good for stacking and testing mesh distribution and sieving small amounts, maybe some facing sand, but cant imagine doing bulk sifting with them.

Might be a nice addition for measuring the fines at different locations with your method of separating sand fines in the airstream of a fan.

Best,
    Kelly
    Last edited by kcoffield; 08-30-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    My furnace build ----- I toil and fettle then foam turns to metal!

Yes they are 12's except the 240, it's 8".
    I'm going to use the 20 as a riddle for the PB.

Just for giggles I ran 1000 grams of play sand through the stack...20,30,40,50.
    Here's what was left on each screen

20 - 70 grams
    30 - 142
    40 - 244
    50 - 236
    Bucket - 280
    lost 28 grams, stuck in the screens and spillage.
    What ended up in the bucket was pretty nice sand.
    Bones

It's that time of year again.

Bones

Lol, yup. Good job getting them all shiny, they look great! Looks like you put in a lot of work. At least I know the ones I have cast need a lot of elbow grease to get looking close to that good... What tools / abrasives did you use, if I may ask?

Edit - I was shocked to find no styrofoam Halloweenies at Michael's this year, just plastic crap. Luckily I have been saving up my foamies for a few years:

IMG_20170914_135107742_HDR.jpg

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos | TheHomeFoundry Forums

Fishbonz, what kind of casting are you doing, is it shell or sand or something else?

Really nice results.

Bonz mentioned petrobond in post 4 in regards to the openers and anchors, but those skulls are lost foam if I'm not mistaken.

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobho Mott View Post
    Bonz mentioned petrobond in post 4 in regards to the openers and anchors, but those skulls are lost foam if I'm not mistaken.

Jeff
    Thanks Tobho, need to get my binoculars on

Yes, those are foam skulls, they come from China so they should be available everywhere.
    When I got them the price tag said $1.99. Ok, I'll get $20 worth. At checkout they were $0.99, I should have got 10 more.
    Jeff,
    They still have the bead imprints in them, just shiny.
    I de-sprue on the table saw, grind it flat with a RexCut Max Flex ( http://rexcut.com/product/type-27-max-flex/ ).
    Tumble them in the mixer with Crush and Run Limestone followed by river gravel tumbling.
    Then I used a HF nylon wheel to shine them. https://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch...ush-91372.html
    Bones

Good info, thanks Bonz.

Jeff