Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Photobucket Puts Screws to Everybody

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    Off the plank with you. lol
    Better than having your timbers shivered.
    A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor...
    http://thehomefoundry.org

Some of the rhetoric needs to be toned down. Remember, it's Lio's forum, and he can turn the switch off just as easily leave it turned on.

I'm also willing to help foot the bill, but I'm not willing to insult or threaten the owner.

Roger

Nobody is insulting or threatening anybody.
    I think I speak for all of the active members in saying we are all very grateful to Lionel for the forum.
    We just wish he would allow us to help grow the site and help out with the financial obligation which it takes to do so.

Just a very touchy subject at the moment due to what has happened with PB's little extortion stunt.

I can see where member's whom have invested & contributed a great deal of their time, experience & knowledge of the craft / hobby into their threads want such to be "vaulted" for future safe keeping without the worry of such content disappearing wherefore rendering such threads pretty much useless.

Experiences, Ideas, Knowledge & "Pictures" are what draws other's to any site wherefore sparking interest & a desire of wanting to become members and participate in the community of such.

Nobody is insulting or threatening anybody.
    Ok, maybe not a threat or insult, but go read post #156. It doesn't matter how you or I might interpret that. It matters how Lio might interpret it, and it could be easily interpreted as bullying, at the least.

I think I speak for all of the active members in saying we are all very grateful to Lionel for the forum.
    We just wish he would allow us to help grow the site and help out with the financial obligation which it takes to do so.

Just a very touchy subject at the moment due to what has happened with PB's little extortion stunt.

I can see where member's whom have invested & contributed a great deal of their time, experience & knowledge of the craft / hobby into their threads want such to be "vaulted" for future safe keeping without the worry of such content disappearing wherefore rendering such threads pretty much useless.

Experiences, Ideas, Knowledge & "Pictures" are what draws other's to any site wherefore sparking interest & a desire of wanting to become members and participate in the community of such.
    I don't disagree with the rest of your words, but we're still back to the concept that this is Lio's house, and we're just guests here. We need to be mindful of his rules of etiquette. Some of us could be treading into territory that might induce him to throw up his hands and turn out the lights.

Roger

I just got my You're Screwed notice from PB.
    I agree Roger, we are all uninvited guests here and as such you don't come in and demand the keys to the car.
    It is what it is and we have to live with it.
    Bones

I've expressed my rationale and position on the matter but also must add that the forum as it is is still way better than no forum at all. In fairness to Lio, I do think a few more things attach if you start excepting money. It's income and that potentially means establishing a legal entity, a banking facility of some sort, accounting, and a tax return. Some may even see the need to insure themselves..........some would just forgoe all that but it really depends on what you have to loose. Though I'd like to see some improvements, I'm grateful to Lio for what he started and what we have.

Best,
    Kelly
    My furnace build ----- I toil and fettle then foam turns to metal!

Before we go assuming Leo doesn't want things to change has anyone got a way to get hold of him and actually talk things over? Seems highly likely he has no idea what PB did or what we are proposing since he hasn't been around the forum in a while. Most people like to see the things they create succeed and are happy to help change things for the better to ensure that. Might be a good place to start before we all give up and accept things for the way they are currently. My 2 cents.

Rasper already sent him an e-mail recently to let him know about our concerns regarding photo hosting, we're still waiting to see if anything comes of it. I hope he knows how much we value this space he's created for us, and that our concerns are 100% about ensuring the future health of the site.

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos

Administrator Site Admin
    I sent a message to Lionel on his personal e-mail address. My experience with him over the years is that he responds but not right away. For whatever reason.

Richard
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.

thanks Richard. all of us only wish for the continued success of the AA.
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --