Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobucket Puts Screws to Everybody

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    Cj, you ain't seen nothing yet. I double dog dare to swing by ifrogeiron and mention you melt metal.. it's a good time.. really, you should crack a beer and try it. I got flogged, warned, ridiculed spanked like a cheap white for mentioning metal can be melted and made useful again. Our website here is a treasure. I want to help keep it that way. Pb needs pull their lips over their foreheads and SWALLOW. I hope someone sues the pants off them and gives it to them DRY.
    Lately I have minimized the social media posting, and maximized my actually designing, making patterns, and casting things.
    It a much more productive way to be if you really are interesting in making things.
    I am not worried about photos stored somewhere out in the clouds, I am worried about my next pour and how it will turn out.
    Forums are great (sometimes), but forums don't equal life, and you need to have a life before you have a forum.

Some are here for the social aspects, and I understand that; nothing wrong with that, but that is not why I post here.

You make a good point CJ, as for me I'm not able to do as much as I used to so I live vicariously through you young whippersnappers. I have learned a lot from this forum and hope I've made some contribution. That contribution will now be all but useless without pictures.

As for Iforgeiron, yes, that is a lot of fun. The potential energy in 1 pound of molten Iron is equal to a case of 40% TNT you know, if you try to melt metal, you will be killed! I got warned and a 30 day timeout at the same time because I told the Mod he was rude and condescending, which he was and still is. After 30 days I may have said something else and got banned and all my posts removed. Oh, and zinc is the most deadliest metal there is, if you get one whiff of it you will probably end up in the hospital. The problem is, all blacksmiths believe that now since one, who had COPD, got pneumonia and died. He blamed it on the Galvanizing on some pipe he was using. I would blame the COPD and his poor safety practices. OK, rant done. :twisted:

Pah, I sprinkle zinc on my cornflakes, no milk just whiskey. Never did me any harm......

Paranoia and panic is beyond reason in respect to this, it dilutes a truly safe approach to materials.

Banned
    I was told by several people (some of who actually ran furnaces and melted bronze) that cast iron was too hot, and the heat radiating off of a crucible full of molten iron or an open furnace would be too much for a person to be near even with safety equipment.

I was pretty scared during my first iron pour due to all the hype I had heard.

Well iron is extremely hot, and your safety gear had better be top notch (basically the same stuff they use in an iron mill), but as far as all the gloom and doom prophecies of being vaporized just by standing near molten iron, those turned out to be false (luckily for me).

Iron will burn the ever living sh*t out of you in a fraction of a second though. Don't ask me how I know.

That was my job before I was retired. I would stand above 50 tons of molten steel at about 3000F and throw bags of alloys in, take temperature and pull samples to check the chemistry. I liked it and wasn't vaporized, I felt like I might melt a few times but didn't.

The second picture is a ladle and is about 10 feet across.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jammer, so you were flogged, beaten & ridiculed by the IFI crowd huh? lol

I had about 3 days of their crap & said Good Buy.

I think they've been sniffing something or another, not exactly sure what but ................................................

Very closed minded individuals and legends in their own minds.

There is a couple very knowledgeable people over there.................

The day we stop learning is the day we need to dig a hole & crawl in it.

Status of Photobucket - what should we do?

It seems my pics are still live, does anyone know what the critria is?

I haven't got a notice from Photobucket - is it just a matter of time?

I only had 81 pics on PB, I will try to restore the posts if/when they get broken once a hosting method gets agreed upon

Have we come up with a new best method for pictures?

FoundryJoe

Quote Originally Posted by FoundryJoe View Post
    I haven't got a notice from Photobucket - is it just a matter of time?
    That would be my guess, these things tend to get rolled out in phases, they probably just haven't got to you yet.

If you've only got 81 photos up, you probably have enough space available on the forum to host them, so I'd say that's probably the path of least resistance.

I had 50 some photos on PB... Still not banned YET, but it's coming. I grabbed my stuff and they can STUFF my membership AFTER I get paid from the class action lawsuit on their sorry asses.
    WWW.TheHomeFoundry.org
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

My webhost allows me unlimited storage. but only a few accounts to upload to it (means I can't give you all accounts to upload stuff... But I can upload it for you, send you the address and you can link it to all the posts/forums you want!). If there were a few guys/gals that need a place to park their photos for awhile till they can sort things out... I'd be happy to host them. Shot me a PM or something and we can sort it out.

CBB