Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Photobucket Puts Screws to Everybody

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    You can brother, but I wont! If I can't store them here, forget it. I keep all photos on local hardware because I trust no one else but me to successfully lose my stuff. I'm done with having to play the bs link game because the site where we contribute HOURS of work can't be bothered to host my images. I'm not asking anyone to even do it for free!

Where is Lionel?
    I appreciate your opinion but you really have to think about what Lionel is doing already. he is paying for this, at least $250 per year. with the 20MB alloted to each member there is 8000 X 20MB of potential storage to be paid for... Yeah I know there is only about 300 active member.. really more like 25, but still to give us unlimited storage could get to be insanely expensive... it may not even be an option, ALLOYAVE host may set that restriction, may set others that we don't know of or ever see. I hosted a forum once what a nightmare everyone wanted stuff, and the only way to make most of it happen was to pay for it, and no one wanted to help with that...

every other forum I belong to of any consequence is hosted by a corporation so basically their forum is part of their advertising budget, the moderators are paid employees, and any picture you post on their forum, and any of your posts become solely their property( really scary legal stuff involved in that) this is a great place, I really wish senior members could get more hosted space (mine was full before we moved, got ate in the move, anyone remember that pain???) I actually have space available now and may make use of it .

I'm sorry your upset about all this but it certainly is not Lionel's fault that PB went all greedy

V/r HT1

Sorry man but I do not agree. >>>>>>>>>>>http://metalcastingnuthouse.freeforums.net/
    Took all of 2 mins, NO LIMIT, NO BANDWIDTH. I can remove ads for 6bucks a month AND get a private domain name for 15bucks a YEAR. I piss more money away on homeless bums at stoplights.

To upgrade to stuff that works only cost 30bucks a month. 4gig site storage, 200gig a month bandwidth. CHEAP AS CHIPS
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    Sorry man but I do not agree. >>>>>>>>>>>http://metalcastingnuthouse.freeforums.net/
    Took all of 2 mins, NO LIMIT, NO BANDWIDTH. I can remove ads for 6bucks a month AND get a private domain name for 15bucks a YEAR. I piss more money away on homeless bums at stoplights.

To upgrade to stuff that works only cost 30bucks a month. 4gig site storage, 200gig a month bandwidth. CHEAP AS CHIPS
    make it work, do it right and I will cover the stoplight bums for the first year! but from experience there are other issues yet to be seen(SPAM), but I got your back

V/r HT1

P.S. read the fine print because you literally contradicted yourself is it no bandwidth or 200 G???

Naturally there is a limit. My unlimited t-mobile cell phones arent really unlimited either. They are, but I get throttled back if I overstep some obscene number. There is no way this forum blows 200g of bandwidth. That freebie cheap forum service is the same thing. It'll run unlimited, but they will screw images if it blows the 200g per month. At 60k per photo, that means it would have to display what??? over 3 million photo views in a month??? 200*1000*1000 / 60 = 3.3mil???? I think this is right. too many zeros for this back of the class clown.
    -- Donald Trump --

There are some pros and cons to the free forums.

Some discussions here:
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...-inter-1177592

I think the last thing you would want to consider is a free forum.
    Smarter, not harder.

I dont even want another forum. I want Lionel to help us out. Just take 5mins to give a shit what happens to us.... I understand people are busy with life, but this is a 5minute fix. God forbid anything happens to him, WE ARE SCREWED! Any forum of any size with any value at all does not rely on one guy for it's continued success. Not having SOMEONE in place is just plain stupid.
    -- Donald Trump --

It is what it is.
    Smarter, not harder.

Would it be possible to host our own photo storage site? We could take long build threads and publish them in an online subscription magazine. We could use our AlloyAve usernames. Just brainstorming here. I still can't figure out if I'm Chicken Little or others are boiling frogs; I just want to take some positive action.

Anything is possible, but somebody has to set it up, maintain it, and pay for it; indefinitely.

Its the indefinitely thing that would probably cause the most trouble.
    Smarter, not harder.

Yeah, I considered standing something up on some of my infrastructure (I can basically do it gratis) but in my brief hunting around I couldn't find any software which would do what I was looking for off the bat, and I don't have the time to perform modifications (and maintain them) to an existing package.