Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Photobucket Puts Screws to Everybody

No letter from Photofuckit, but I logged in today and if I wanted to get my OWN photos back from them, that's a no go. (I have already secured my measly 70some pictures) They are holding even my little collection for HOSTAGE. You can bet your ass I'm not touching my account, there WILL BE A LAWSUIT. They can monkey screw their own contract 9ways from sunday, but I bet a judge would side with the people. Imagine how this sounds. Sure, we will host your stuff for free for YEARS. But change the contract one day and after we collected your stuff (the photos you entrusted us to secure) you'll need to pay us back to get what is and was rightfully yours to begin with. Unbelievable. I can't wait to see what happens to these self righteous bastards!

All I could do was view thumbnails, try to click one and you get the gauge if that photo is linked somewhere. The ones not linked are okay. So I suppose they expect you to scour the net and unlink your stuff just to retrieve?
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Dont worry jagboy, im sure photobucket will get whats coming to them.
    When the whole world is pissed off at you, its pretty much guaranteed.
    A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....

I thought I was going to dodge the bullet being a small time PB user (42% of free account) but just checked my last thread and deadzy! Never got a notice at all. So tested imgur. Opened account, created folder, set to hidden then loaded in 13 images to try to repopulate a thread of mine. Their "copy" button next to the URL only links into the folder, not individual pics but does show as an embedded link without an image. Using the "embed post" and "copy" buttons pastes in a long string of code that goes nowhere and doesn't display as a link. Don't know what I'm doing wrong but thought I'd share an option I tried. Can't speak for others but my lesson learned is don't become dependent on something that's free. What other photo posting sites are folks using to post here successfully?
    People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

cactus, when dealing with imgur, I just got into the image I wanted to use, then right click on the picture and click "view image". From there, I just copy the link to that picture and in the forum thread I wanted to use it in, just past that in between the image tags like you would do normally.

Quote Originally Posted by cae2100 View Post
    cactus, when dealing with imgur, I just got into the image I wanted to use, then right click on the picture and click "view image". From there, I just copy the link to that picture and in the forum thread I wanted to use it in, just past that in between the image tags like you would do normally.

I think you have to uncheck that box here on the avenue to get it to work. ( Retrieve remote file and reference locally) Try unchecking that when you post the url here.
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    I think you have to uncheck that box here on the avenue to get it to work. ( Retrieve remote file and reference locally) Try unchecking that when you post the url here.
    yea, I figured that part would be obvious, but yea, you need to do that too, lol.