Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the bucket of Water

Why the bucket of Water

https://www.facebook.com/ProvidrInc/...0830649905215/

Someone linked me this video, all I want to know, is why the bucket of water over the vent???

OH, That furnace looks like a two burner with a vent above the burners???

V/r HT1

He's going to boil some eggs with the hot water...<LOL>

Very odd

Would it plate out the zinc fume on the bottom of the bucket?

To have a great explosion video to go viral on youtube if the bottom melts out?

I liked the liquid Nitrogen quench, always good to have that stuff around

Amazing how much the bearings shrunk when chilled

What was the purpose of cooling the hot castings in liquid nitrogen? Shrinking the bearings to press them in, I understand.

Huh, that really is weird - In my homemade fidget spinner video, there was a water bag up on top, not a bucket...

(sorry, could not resist)

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos

Maybe he thinks it hold the heat in the furnace.. maybe? He would get a surprise it the bucket sprang a leak. But why did he pour liquid nitrogen on it while it was hot? I understand why he used the N on the bearings but heating up batman would have been cheaper.

Can't explain the water bucket or nitrogen but open face lost foam brass in petrobond is a new one on me.
    People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by cactusdreams View Post
    Can't explain the water bucket or nitrogen but open face lost foam brass in petrobond is a new one on me.
    I dont even get the point, with a scroll saw you could get the same pattern in wood, and then cast it with a flat cope, and get better results

But I'm really intrigued by his furnace I watched a dozen of his videos, the furnace is dual burnered, naturally aspired, or the air and fuel are premixed, because it has a single hose feeding it, but the 90 degree turn on the burner, and vent right above it in the furnace are all new... and from the look of the burner it is not DIY, it looks cast
    Attached Images Attached Images

I do not understand this fascination with a "fidget spinner" ???? Didn't these people play with tops as children?
    This guy is using P-bond but cant be bothered with a cope and a drag? So whatever I guess. :-/ The furnace is something I haven't seen before either.
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    I do not understand this fascination with a "fidget spinner" ???? Didn't these people play with tops as children?
    This guy is using P-bond but cant be bothered with a cope and a drag? So whatever I guess. :-/ The furnace is something I haven't seen before either.
    I'm hoping one of the burner geniuses here can shed some light...
    hint hint

V/r HT1