Thread: Brian Oltrogge are you here?

Brian Oltrogge are you here?

Does anyone know if Brian Oltrogge is a member here, I find links to him but not a user name?

Here is his casting playlist on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...YdTZfj2bMPSPmC

Furnace build, CNC pattern work, signs, 3D printing, Petrobond and Sodium Silicate sand - 13 videos chock full of foundry goodness

These drawer pulls are impressive work - the bar has been set pretty high with this project!

Foundry Joe

Nope! Never seen him here in my 3years. Try sending mssg through utube
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

BTW, I just commented on his video and encouraged him to join us here.

I find it odd that the most Knowledgeable seem to avoid the forums.. I mean Stephen D. Chastain lives across town from me... of course some of the brightest here have been chased away for some reason, I all but left once because someone did not approve of my advice... But I got thicker skinned *shrug*

V/r HT1

He is/was a member, and posted about his furnace here : http://www.alloyavenue.com/vb/showth...light=grunblau
    Not active anymore though. Online forums are a bit temporary, people come and go.

I talk quite a lot to an old mere from here, I wont name names but he left as many were arguing with his advice.
    it's his profession so people should know better. thing is there are many different points of view, so many ways to do something & not all work for everyone.
    it's strange but i only watched that video a few days ago.
    The only time You're not following your nose is when your going backward!.......Andy (ME) .
    Have you filed in "Who do you think you are?" "War Grade Report" " My photo's"

Some of the old skilled guys (gals) that I've worked with over the years have done things their way for years... And it works well for them. When someone starts to ask questions or suggest other ways to do something they get upset. If you do it in a less than polite way (it's the internet.... sometimes it's hard to find polite folks out here...just look at the YouTube comments sometimes) They stop talking...or in this case they bugger off. losing access to the knowledge, and skill of these guys sucks...but it happens. The issue is compounded when you have a lot of creative, stubborn, folks in one area.... And lets be honest that describes most of us or we wouldn't do what we do!
    Last edited by CrazyBillyBob; 03-29-2017 at 03:53 PM. Reason: I can't seem to type so good today.