I have a paying job to replicate some bronze hardware for a large estate based on patterns from the 1920's. The originals are very finely finished with no casting flaws and have a great patina after the passage of time.
I made a few sets of the same patterns about 6-7 years ago for the same contractor (these latest are for new gates) and I used greensand for the larger parts and lost wax investment for the small pieces. However, I had to do a lot of polishing and cleanup because the greensand left a moderately rough finish. The lost wax parts came out pretty good but still needed a bit of work.
At this point, I want to get away from the greensand and either go with Petrobond, Delft or something similar. The big drawback I see to the Delft is the relatively high cost vs. some of the other alternatives but I'm open to suggestions. The largest pieces are about 6" long but relatively thin in section and the rest are smaller.
I suppose I could lost wax everything but was wanting to do the simpler ones in sand because I figured it would be less work.