Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello! It's been far too long.

Hello! It's been far too long.

As you all know, life kinda does it's own thing regardless of your plans.

I'm in a better place now, and wanted to pop in and say hello!

Building a house, got a decent lady, have time for hobbies, and... well, Hi!

Haven't done anything with the furnace stuff in forever. I got frustrated when I couldn't get my burner to... well, burn. I have TONS of oil though still :-p

How's everyone? Jammer? W3? Moya? Those are the people I remember the most.

Haven't taken a look through the threads yet, so I have a LOT of catching up to do.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfangs View Post
    As you all know, life kinda does it's own thing regardless of your plans.

I'm in a better place now, and wanted to pop in and say hello!

Building a house, got a decent lady, have time for hobbies, and... well, Hi!

Haven't done anything with the furnace stuff in forever. I got frustrated when I couldn't get my burner to... well, burn. I have TONS of oil though still :-p

How's everyone? Jammer? W3? Moya? Those are the people I remember the most.

Haven't taken a look through the threads yet, so I have a LOT of catching up to do.

Charles
    Welcome Back !!!

V/r HT1

Administrator Site Admin
    I remember you from before. W3 is long gone. He started his own forum, which had a small but loyal following, until he recently seemed to disappear off the face of the earth and the forum went dead. Jammer and Moya are here.

If you want to get your oil burner going, there have been a lot of discussions here about that. Mostly about nozzle type burners, which I poke fun at, just for the fun of it. I use Lionel designed drip burners and don't have any problems so I don't need to post about them. I did make a video several years ago about how to light one without any smoke.

Anyway, welcome back.

Richard
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.

I was a member there too.

Thanks Rasper and HT1.

I finally have the space to start tinkering with casting again.

I read that W3 sold vape stuff and was big money in it... Interestingly enough I owned and operated a vape shop for about 3 years up until dec 2016. The federal regulations and state laws for me were just becoming too much to contend with... I closed 'er down. Paid my bills and made money for 3 years, of course closed at a loss, but it was good times while it lasted.

Currently working on getting my cnc back up and running, I do have a 3d printer i build myself now, based on the Fusebox on thingiverse. It works wonderfully and I've had a lot of fun printing things.

Thanks for stopping by to say hi guys! What about Ragingslab, Ron Smith? Anon? The names are coming back to me lol!

we;come back stranger
    A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....

Welcome back. Now get casting and post some pics!!

Administrator Site Admin
    Ron Smith still posts once in a while. Ragingslab? I haven't seen for a long time. Anon finished school and got a job as an engineer someplace. He never posts.

Richard
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.

Hey Shadow, how have you been. I live in Tenn now, near Chattanooga. We have the house for sale and will move back up north when we can. W3 quit selling vapes too, in about 2013. Not sure where he went.
    Good to hear from you, I'm still just tinkering around with stuff. I've got some big plans but will have to wait til I get settled someplace the wife likes. Do you still travel around?

Yep, I actually go to a place in Cleveland TN quite often. Still helping with the family business, selling copiers lol. You ever get that cnc going? mine worked for a while, then sat for an even longer amount of time, now i'm working on resurrecting it lol. Good to hear from you!

I'm just gonna use this thread as my general what-for thread. :-p

Starting from scratch. Bought a "fixer upper" house from a widower, her husband perished and never had a chance to finish the house, nothing to code, osb for walls, no siding... needless to say i won't be posting pictures of my current place haha. After some conversation with the folks, we decided it'd be easier to start from scratch on our land. (i'm less than 500 yards from my project site) House is gonna be like the one in the plans but with two additional bedrooms.

Got my footing dug a couple weeks ago. Weather has not been kind and been very busy with other things. Next step, put grade pins and get concrete poured.

House is going to be on 10 acres. Small house first, then later in life a big 2 story w/basement garage 3000sq ft house.

24x48 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath. Cabin sized.
    back deck overlooking a valley with a beautiful view. Future plans to have a step down deck with integral swimming pool.

On the other side of the property will be a 40x50 shop, where I will be starting a custom fab shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images