Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Propane manifold

The post by Cuda about half way down the page may be helpful.
    http://www.alloyavenue.com/vb/archiv...hp/t-5974.html

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Petee716 View Post
    The post by Cuda about half way down the page may be helpful.
    http://www.alloyavenue.com/vb/archiv...hp/t-5974.html

Pete
    Ok first thing, change the QCC's

Thank you Pete

V/r HT1

So i wasnt that far off !

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    Getting harder and harder to get used oil, too many regulations. I have to pay $4 every time I get an oil change for waste oil disposal. Find a shade tree mechanic or change your own a lot.
    Make friends at your local auto parts store. They usually accept used oil for free, without any transaction paper trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    Getting harder and harder to get used oil, too many regulations. I have to pay $4 every time I get an oil change for waste oil disposal. Find a shade tree mechanic or change your own a lot.
    Mom and Pops are a great place to get veg oil. 2 places I frequent for lunch and Friday night dinner will give me more than I can use. They even put it right back in those stackable 5 gallon cube boxes. Mention the need for quarts of waste oil in a crowd and someone's eyes will invariably light up because someone has 5 or 10 gallons in their garage. Motor heads change their own oil as do bikers, small construction operators, farmers, etc. With a bit of networking the purchase of diesel becomes less and less frequent. However if one doesn't want the storage issues or a bit of a mess once in awhile,propane might be the way to go, especially if you're getting a return on your investment.

Pete

well I changed out the QCC ran the furnace for 15 minutes only one tank got cold, I closed it's valve, and the furnace all but went out, so I swapped the tank locations. this time when i opened the second tank I clearly heard an OPD engage, click... so now what install two valves and have a quick change???

is it the tanks OPD or the QCC if we think it is the QCC I can install two POL's

Thanks in advance

V/r HT1

Just too many TLAs in there for me? Qcc? Quick change coupling? The others? Who knows?

Acronym review: There are three common acronyms used when talking about propane tanks and fittings, QCC, POL and OPD.

This a QCC fitting, it's currently the most common fitting on new propane appliances and it's usually attached to a regulator and it threads on to the outside of the tank valve. If you buy a new propane BBQ, this is what you'll have to attach the regulator to the tank.

propane-qcc-1-type-1-lp-gas-connector-heater-grill-smoker-stove-fryer-parts-neo-c2b3e500aef3766f.jpg

Most older propane appliances use a POL fitting, it too is usually part if the regulator assembly but it threads inside the valve, they look like this.
    Propane-Brass-Adapter-POL-x-Male-NPT-2003-T.jpg

The OPD, refers to Overfill Protection/Prevention Device, it's a float valve type device located inside the tank which, as the name implies, prevents the tank from being overfilled, certain types will also stop the normal flow of propane if the tank is not mounted upright.

OK I bought a MR Heater POL, https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-4-I.../dp/B001SGUVJU, drilled out the stupid restriction installed it and the POL from my regulator, ran the furnace for 29 Minutes all out, both tanks got chilly... GOOD SIGn. Hopefully some time this weekend I will have a reason to run a heat of Brass so we can see if it is working as intended.

V/r HT1

P.S. Thanks Rocco. I did not want to explain all that