Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Propane manifold

I think that even if you threw that set up off a cliff it would still hold up.....
    A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....

I"M pretty sure it's going to end up on something like this attached to a dolly So I can move both cylinders together easily

I would love to figure out a way to easily attach the whole contraption to the box receiver of my truck so I can drive the bottles down to refill station without having to unstrap them

V/r HT1

P.S. I was down at TSC this weekend they are selling propane for $2.59/gal... guess I have to go there from now on...

during the summer time here, you can usually find get the bottles refilled at around 15 dollars for a standard grill type tank at rural king, so I would check there. It tends to vary throughout the year due to people using it for heating, so they like to really jack the prices up during the colder seasons, but it drops during the summer.

You could probably fab something like this or buy it
    http://www.discountramps.com/viking-...YlXxoClk3w_wcB

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by HT1 View Post
    I would love to figure out a way to easily attach the whole contraption to the box receiver of my truck so I can drive the bottles down to refill station without having to unstrap them

V/r HT1
    That should work even better than a "baby on board" sign.

“Look what I got! Now people will stop intentionally ramming our car.” – Marge Simpson

Might be worth buying one of these trailer hitch rack thingys. Bolt or weld the tank carrier (or a threaded rod and homemade top plate) to it. For $50 it maybe cheaper than buying material to make your own.

Just an Idea.
    CBB

Quote Originally Posted by HT1 View Post
    P.S. I was down at TSC this weekend they are selling propane for $2.59/gal... guess I have to go there from now on...
    Gotta love Tractor Supply Company. They're my go-to for a lot of things.
    "Success is 99% determination"

Quote Originally Posted by _Jason View Post
    Gotta love Tractor Supply Company. They're my go-to for a lot of things.
    Im a junkie for their discount rack. Whatll they think of next? Combination 10"crescent wrench/prybar, adjustable length long-reach visegrip with 30degree bend for $10? How can you not buy that thing?!

Pete

well I went all out, and rigged this perfect contraption (See first image) Problem is, it did not work, after about 5 minutes the propane pressure dropped off to zero at the regulator, I reset and restarted, it repeated in about a minute, so I cut one tank off, so I was only dealing with one tank, same story maybe a minute and the pressure at the regulator cut out, I switched tanks with the same result, I found if I adjusted the regulator it immediate killed the pressure,

So having to get some work done I installed a POL to My regulator and ran as normal no problem(second pic) , so the burner and the regulator are not the problem. I have my own thoughts, But I want to hear others before I spend anymore time or cash.

Thanks in advance
    HT1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remind me again WHY you dont make the switch to wmo?
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --