Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Propane manifold

Around here Propane stays under $3 a gallon most of the time. About every home center and farm store sells 100# tanks for $150ish new. Those tanks get filled by dragging them into town and filling them. The big 1000 or 20000 # tanks are the ones they come out to fill... an't cheap and a lot of place force you to rent the big tanks from them now.

Blog Entries
    Our local hardware store has been refilling bottles for the past couple of years for $0.75 a pound and we found delivery from an local fuel oil company that was even cheaper. I wonder if because of our cold climate and we still have local wells and refineries if that helps with our cost.
    kent
    Kent
    There is beauty, power and excitement in simple old technology!

$0.75 per pound works out to $3.15 a gallon (4.2 pounds in a gallon of LP) so the costs are similar here... Then again you don't live all that far from me either.
    I also think the price is cheaper in agricultural areas than in the urban areas.

Blog Entries
    I also wonder if down in Fl where ht1 lives if they don't jack up the price for the winter with all the northerners wintering there as a captive market. That and they do not have as big of a heating demand, I am ready for springs warm up!
    kent
    Kent
    There is beauty, power and excitement in simple old technology!

They must not like Florida, they are the highest in the country.

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_...RS_dpgal_w.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    They must not like Florida, they are the highest in the country.

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_...RS_dpgal_w.htm
    Now you really have to wonder where those numbers are gathered from, because if they are straight forward I can drive 20 miles and buy Propane for half the price... also odd that there is no listing for the Florida Wholesale Price... Maybe I contact the local news with a price gouging story

V/r HT1

It's from the Gubermint so it must be true.

Ok I have decided what I want to do. You can see my simple straightforward maniford passing the soapy water test, my regulator will go where the air hose is currently attached , I cannot see any possible problem

V/r HT1
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wouldn't do solid pipe across the tanks but perhaps I'm being overly sensitive.

It might not be a bad idea to chain, or otherwise secure the tanks. if one tank was pulled away from the other, regardless of hard or flexible manifolding, the manifold could break and you will have a very large unregulated propane leak. A small wooden crate with sides that allow plenty of airflow would work well if you move the tanks around often.