Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The PITA that is WAX

Administrator Site Admin
    For tools such as angle grinders that get used sometimes for an hour or more non-stop, it is best to buy quality tools, not big box store stuff. Unfortunately, it's not so easy. You have to buy them used. Strange to say, one of the best lines of tools I have found were the Black and Decker Professional line. (I guess B & D got such a bad reputation with their home handyman junk that they could no longer sell their good tools.) The best tool brand ever, bar none, was Sioux. They quit making electrical tools when the Japanese took over the market. Milwaukee was a great tool too, but now that AMC owns them I suspect they have done the same to Milwaukee as they did to Harley Davidson during the years they owned them.

I look for Sioux tools, old pre-AMC Milwaukee tools, and B & D Professional tools used. I buy them when I find them. They never wear out so i give them to my friends.

Richard
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.

After (and this is no joke) FOUR harbor freight grinders, I finally returned the last one and bought a Dewilt at the depot. I've cut 40miles of stuff with this thing. Best 100bones I've spent in a awhile. Zap I still have tons of slurry and sands, but I hate to run out of something that can be a royal pain to get a hold of. You know the entire winter thing... yada yada yada
    The price you got on bronze was pretty good. I paid 5something a pound at this place in phoenix. I too had to cut them in half, but I'm going to fix that problem with a bigger crucible. What size are you using? I think a #10 will be right for me I hope. my bronze bought here>>>>https://www.industrialmetalsupply.com/ I'm cool with paying a bit more when I can ship it for free. My stuff came marked with the CMX stamp, whatever that's worth.

Here is the grinder I bought... 11amps. Hang on to this sucker tight when you hit the trigger or it will go into orbit.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-11...402W/206743975
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Quote Originally Posted by Rasper View Post
    For tools such as angle grinders that get used sometimes for an hour or more non-stop, it is best to buy quality tools, not big box store stuff. Unfortunately, it's not so easy. You have to buy them used. Strange to say, one of the best lines of tools I have found were the Black and Decker Professional line. (I guess B & D got such a bad reputation with their home handyman junk that they could no longer sell their good tools.) The best tool brand ever, bar none, was Sioux. They quit making electrical tools when the Japanese took over the market. Milwaukee was a great tool too, but now that AMC owns them I suspect they have done the same to Milwaukee as they did to Harley Davidson during the years they owned them.

I look for Sioux tools, old pre-AMC Milwaukee tools, and B & D Professional tools used. I buy them when I find them. They never wear out so i give them to my friends.

Richard
    Interesting. If you look for Sioux tools on eBay you will see a lot of new air tools. Did someone buy the brand? There is an old drill and an angle grinder on there.
    Robert
    "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
    - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Forklift Project
    Sand Mixer

Administrator Site Admin
    Interesting. If you look for Sioux tools on eBay you will see a lot of new air tools. Did someone buy the brand? There is an old drill and an angle grinder on there.
    They got out of the electric tool business and are strictly high quality air tools now.

R

Administrator Site Admin
    I think a #10 will be right for me I hope.
    I use a #8 and a #30. The #8 is too small, and the #30 is too big. Next lifetime I'm going to set up for a #10 and a #20.

Richard