Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaking from my love of art

Like an episode of Jay Leno's Garage. Is that your only fire engine Bob? I thought you had 2 or 3 for some reason.

My Jag was a 1966 E type fixed head coupe. Built the engine in 1978 with 45 DCOE's in place of the SU's, cams and headers but still increased mpg from 11 to 19. Sold it back into Europe in 2006. What a ride. It is the only car I have driven that felt like I put it on .

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by sandcrab; 12-13-2016 at 07:57 PM.
    If you think you can't do it, you're right!

Administrator Site Admin
    The Jaguar days. Nothing on earth can be as exasperating, and as totally enchanting, as a Jaguar. (Except a truly enchanting woman of course.) I had mine. Both the Jaguars and the women. And of course I only mean the cars built by Sir William Lyons.

I bought an XK-150 roadster in 1965. I drove it for thirteen years.

Then I had a 1966 4.2 XK-E roadster for a while. The '65 and '66 4.2 E Types were the fastest production Jaguars ever built. They were also, in my opinion, the greatest value ever in a sports cart. Under 5000 dollars for a car equal in all respects to a 15,000 dollar Italian car. In 1967 the federal government made them raise the chassis several inches, compromising the handling, and made them tinker with the engine as well. Up until 1967, Jaguar guaranteed that an E Type off of the showroom floor would do 150 MPH. I will verify that my E Type would.

But then I got into big sailboats and lost interest in cars.

Richard
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.

Rasper- I love your XK.

Now there is sexy and over 200 mph...(not mine)

And since we are showing off one of my friends sent me this pic of his driveway!

Should I get the coupe or the convertible?

I think the designer of the F-type and the A.M. are the same guy?

R
    "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
    - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Forklift Project
    Sand Mixer

Getting back to the original car in this thread I found this design outfit. We had nothing like this here in the US. Figoni & Falaschi
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...14.eKzJXO9qMpU
    What is that squeaking noise?

Yup.. A Delahaye is a tough act to follow. The french and Italians don't care if it doesn't work.... As long as it looks good while broke down.

Kinda like this.
    jag.jpeg
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Administrator Site Admin
    Don't forget the English. They were a bit behind the French and Italians on looks, but they were right up there with them on un-reliability. We used to call Mr. Lucas the Prince of Darkness. Just try to start the engine of an old XK Jaguar cold that has been sitting out in the rain all night. A heated garage was almost a necessity with those things.

Richard
    When I die, Heaven can wait—I want to go to McMaster-Carr.

Those are some beautiful classics. Don't let my post of modern cars make you think it is lost on me!
    Robert
    "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
    - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Forklift Project
    Sand Mixer

Lucas invented the 3 positions switch..
    Dim, Flicker and Off... Or SMOKE SMOLDER AND BURN!
    ya yeah... warm beer and all that other stuff. Heard them all. Ironically, I've never had a british car leave me walking. And I've been driving them a long time. Maintenance? You bet. They don't tolerate neglect which is what us Americans are known for doing to our automobiles. lol
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

For those that have never owned a British car.
    Lucas - Prince of Darkness

The Lucas motto - Get home before dark!

Lucas denies having invented darkness, but they still have a claim to “sudden, unexpected darkness.

Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, Thomas Alva Edison invented the light bulb, Joseph Lucas invented the “short circuit”.

Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent windshield wiper.

Lucas - Inventor of the first self dimming headlight.

The three position Lucas switch - Dim, flicker and off.

The other Lucas three position switch - Smoke, smolder and ignite.

Lucas electrical products - the original anti-theft devises”

I’ve had a Lucas pacemaker for years and never had a prob. . .

If Lucas made guns, wars wouldn’t start either.

Did you hear about the Lucas made torpedo - It sank.

It is true that in 1947 Lucas tried to get Parliament to repeal Ohms Law. They withdrew their efforts when they met resistance.

Did you hear about the guy who peeked into a land rover and asked the owner, “how can you tell one switch from another at night since they all look the same?” The owner replied, “it doesn’t matter which one you use, nothing happens anyway!”

Back in the 70s Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began building vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they made that didn’t suck!

Quality Control called the engineering department and complained that their new design was shorting out, they sent a revised design drawing showing longer wires.

Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas makes refrigerators also!

Lucas systems actually use AC current, it just has a random frequency.

New product release from Lucas - Replacement wiring harness smoke, one pint @ $3.95

Recommended procedure before attempting a repair of Lucas equipment: Check position of stars, kill a chicken and walk backwards around said piece of equipment while chanting “Oh mighty prince of darkness protect your unworthy servant”
    What is that squeaking noise?