Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAVSUP Plaque

I have been using Foundry Joes patterns for a few years and they are absolutely great people to work with, and they make a great product. I find you cannot ram to hard because you will deform the pattern. I glue the patterns to MDF using PVA glue so that if I want to remove the rubber pattern, its only a matter of dropping it in a bucket of water to release the glue. Plaque below was done with a village impressions pattern

Attached Images Attached Images
    I知 going off to go find myself. If I知 not back by the time I return, keep me here.

I also see HTI that you finish your patterns on the bench sander, I didn't think the polymer would stand to too much of that, so I use to always have everything larger then needed and grind the casting back, today I tried a old pattern on the sander and will in the future sand the all back, it took the the way better then I though it would.
    I知 going off to go find myself. If I知 not back by the time I return, keep me here.

Quote Originally Posted by mite5255 View Post
    I also see HTI that you finish your patterns on the bench sander, I didn't think the polymer would stand to too much of that, so I use to always have everything larger then needed and grind the casting back, today I tried a old pattern on the sander and will in the future sand the all back, it took the the way better then I though it would.
    I was very concerned about the rubber and the sander, it worked much better then I expected

Anther Foundryjoe pattern success

Big Thank you to http://www.villageimpressions.com/index.htm

V/r HT1

That looks great :-)

That is some excellent detail in the rope and the outside border is amazingly thin, you must have some really good sand not to stick all those small details

Foundryjoe

Quote Originally Posted by FoundryJoe View Post
    That is some excellent detail in the rope and the outside border is amazingly thin, you must have some really good sand not to stick all those small details

Foundryjoe
    It's Petrobond, I mull it with my homemade muller http://www.alloyavenue.com/vb/showth...er-time-(pics) after every use, try to get it while the sand is still hot. I add just a little bit (4oz) compressor oill in each batch(25Lbs) let it mull for about 5 minutes. I hand riddle the facing sand with a number 4 riddle... yeah i know a number 6 is recommended. but who can argue with my results. and just use the heap for backing. I have enough sand for (8) 12 X 12 molds

V/r HT1
    P.S. I got the newest pattern from your missus today, there will be pictures this weekend if all works out