Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: multi-part rigid mold for a silicone rubber part

The dressing takes about a day and a half, a couple hours to paint and the rest punching the hair. With practice we could get more speed, this was a first go at 'let's see how realistic we can get'. It's definitely approaching the uncanny valley area (creepily lifelike, but definitely not alive).

This is a team effort, I'm the moldmaker (make all the mandrels, determine all the non-cosmetic partings, add the extension of the shell to house the trach and esophagus), my co-worker did the initial shell and the final cosmetics.
    "The former lives of objects need not interfere with their current use."

The full-up manikin, cosmetics and armature only at the body shop: mechanicals to come later. A bit nsfw, unless you work in body parts. Silicone skins, about 1/8 inch thick, six body part molds- each limb, an uper and a lower torso.
    20161130_134040.jpg
    20161201_105333.jpg

It seems our efforts passed the realism test:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38350806

Haha that's great. "Vocal and vulgar" ahaha. I have to ask - how come you left it in the car?

Really realistic! Good work.

I've had to deal with anamatronic manikins that are less realistic than that one. The blinking is the worst. Makes my skin crawl.

It was our sales rep, not me who got his window smashed. I don't have full information, only got word ten minutes before we headed out the door Friday. I know the plan was to do some photo shoots in a nursing home. Working in a factory full of body parts, you get inured to the sight and forget others aren't. Probably said 'it's rubber and an armature, no need to carry it into the house and back out tomorrow', and left it in the car til the next day.

Our old electronics tech went to a number of trade shows, noted of the packing up process "this has got to be the only place nobody thnks twice about putting a body in the trunk of a car and driving off".

LOL! Good publicity stunt - Even if it was never meant to be one.

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos

You made the front page of aol too....http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016...quin/21630899/
    Phone should be ringing off the hook with orders now LOL
    A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....