Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New Job

Quote Originally Posted by Petee716 View Post
    He asked if I had a non-GFI outlet. I asked him if he had a sign that didn't have a short in it. It was kind of uncomfortable. He took the sign away and brought another which worked ok. He wasn't happy.
    Awesome...

Long story short- GFI and electronic ballasts aren't compatible. Who the hell knows that?
    I did... But ya, I found out through similar circumstances. Lots of head scratching...
    FLAME ON...!!!!

If one more person asks me 'why are you doing THIS if you can do all those other things' (meaning design etc etc - v - throwing plaster at walls) I may have to scream.... or get a suitable T-shirt slogan printed!!!!!

Who cares what you are doing so long as you are doing something, I spent the last 2 days fixing drains in the bottom of a muddy trench.

Donk
    Needs must while the devil rides.

Does it pay the bills? is it mostly legal? Who cares!!! Do the job you can get to the best of your abilities! Taking care of the fam is more important than a title or position.

Well today was briefly interrupted by the client asking if I wanted to go shoot a black powder shotgun on the farm the house is set in so.... Hey. So much fun!

Consider it as public relations and future insurance of incoming jobs & recommendations to other's. $$$$$

Taking my son back to play with the black powder gun, open invite even though the job has finished. He's a farming lad, worked a few local farms, and needs work so.. (also turns 18 tomorrow so I have to buy him his first legal beer!)

I had my first legal beer in May of 1982 when I was 18. Then they raised the legal age to 19 on Jan 1 1983, so I drank illegally until May when I had my second first legal beer. Then they raised the legal age to 21 on Jan 1 1984, so I drank illegally until May 1985 when I had my 3rd first legal beer. By the following March I was done. Ha! Fast ride down!

Pete

Would you expect less from the US. You can join the armed forces and die for your country at 18 but you can't legally drink a beer till your 21. A bit messed up I'd say.

Wish your boy a happy birthday from me.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbyjp77 View Post
    Would you expect less from the US. You can join the armed forces and die for your country at 18 but you can't legally drink a beer till your 21. A bit messed up I'd say.

Wish your boy a happy birthday from me.

unless you enlist at 18 and get assigned overseas. no worries then. those kids came back to the states and drinking was no big deal to them.
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --