Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New Job

Thanks Chubby. I know he's been buying beer in a local pub for a few years un-questioned, I'm guessing the landlord may question us if we go in there to celebrate his 18th!

I do find the 21 yr thing a little unusual.

Me too, 21 seems crazy. Here in Ontario and most of Canada the age is 19 (not that we cared as of about 16 or 17 since beer and liquor was almost as easy to get underage as weed, which we wouldn't even have had to leave the school to buy) but most of the older kids in my high school were across the Ottawa river in the bars in Hull, Quebec on Friday nights where the drinking age is 18, and their parents were somehow none the wiser. Me and my gang weren't really into the club scene, but one guy's parents were cool so we all learned our drinking in his basement instead, where they could keep an eye on us to some extent, that way no fights or trying to drive home after or anything stupid like that ever went down. Good that you are aware of what your son is up to Peedee, my son is only 11 and I don't know how I'm going to handle that when he gets a little older. And then there's my daughter...

Drinking age is 18 in the province of Alberta too, which is actually a lot closer to where I am on holiday right now.

Jeff
    Last edited by Tobho Mott; 08-12-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos

Anyway, it sounds like you made a new friend on the job plus an opportunity for some man to man time with your son. That's been one of the most gratifying parts of raising my boys. It seems like a short time ago I was getting pictures from them drawn in crayon, then just yesterday I got a picture of a sonogram!

Pete

Tobho, it's fair to say he has been more refrained than I was as a lad! We get on and talk most of the time.

My daughter is only 14 and I've already scared the life out of her boyfriend (I told him if he was nice to her we'd get on fine, if he hurts her I'll kill him, he went white!!)

Congratulations Petee, I assuming a sonogram is an ultrasound scan?

Yes indeed it is. Another first.

Congrats to the both of you!

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos

When my daughter was of dating age, I always took the time to meet her boyfriends and strike up the "hey, did you ever see a pistol like this?" conversation.
    IMG_1891.jpg 45-70 14" bull barrel /muzzle brake. A gen-o-ween 2 hander!
    One young man did ask if he could shoot it, thought he was a keeper, but she didn't. Oh well!
    What is that squeaking noise?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfcreek-Steve View Post
    When my daughter was of dating age, I always took the time to meet her boyfriends and strike up the "hey, did you ever see a pistol like this?" conversation.
    IMG_1891.jpg 45-70 14" bull barrel /muzzle brake. A gen-o-ween 2 hander!
    One young man did ask if he could shoot it, thought he was a keeper, but she didn't. Oh well!
    You must have small hands....... lol

Is that your ground hog deterrent device?

Nice piece, Contender?

Not so good for "concealed carry", but it does work on ground hogs, deer, grizzlys, etc. and will split firewood in a pinch. With my arthritic hands and wrists, I'm afraid to shoot it with the 45-70 barrel, 30-30 I can still handle.
    What is that squeaking noise?

Yes, they surely are capable of reaching out to touch something.

That's the sweet thing about them, they have soooo many barrels of different calibers it's not even funny.