Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Job

New Job

Started a new job yesterday after a year out of work (I called it freelance design but, hey)

I've learnt a few things already, 8'x4' structural panels are fecking heavy and awkward. I'm not 18 yr anymore and I'm at 8 1/2 stone so it's an even battle in weight.

Hand held 24" circular saws were created by the devil, I'm fairly sure I'm going to end up flying down the shop riding it at some point.

A bandsaw standing 10' tall eats things, anything, and in no particular order!

A certain selection of employees steal your tools, if it's shiny they'll have it. When I worked on the tools you never EVER went near another persons gear.

Today there isn't a bit of me that doesn't hurt, but I'm not complaining, after a lull and some health crap I needed a start! Never be too proud to start over again.

I'll get some pics of the shapers and tools when I get a chance

GOOD FOR YOU PEEDEE.
    I hope it all goes well for you and you can get some dosh rolling in the door.
    Nice little pattern shop projects coming up then?
    The only time You're not following your nose is when your going backward!.......Andy (ME) .
    Have you filed in "Who do you think you are?" "War Grade Report" " My photo's"

Cheers Wargrade.

No 'Little patterns coming out of this place, I could saw trunks to lumber on this gear! I just need to put on a few pounds (or 50) to have the balls to do it.

But if anyone wants a super insulation pre-pack SIP building I'm your man.

Joke is I'm doing some CAD as well as brute force panel prep and wiring into the deal, what to wear for a days work ;-)

24" handheld circ saws...? Wow, that's meaty.

I've seen some crazy sized tools like that in the log home industry. Can't recall the manufacturer.

Congrats on the new gig...
    FLAME ON...!!!!

You are going to have to sneak us some photos
    The only time You're not following your nose is when your going backward!.......Andy (ME) .

Quote Originally Posted by wargrade View Post
    You are going to have to sneak us some photos
    Especially if he rides that hog through the shop. I'm petrified of radial arm saws, no way would I get near something spinning a 2foot blade.
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Way to go Peedee! Nothing like something to do to keep you feeling good! I hated the year I had with no work, lack of funds and boredom do not mix well.

It's kinda nice to ache like hell again, reminds me of doing hard heavy days when I was younger. I don't think going to the sailing club last night was such a good idea, couldn't get my wallet out as all the fellas kept buying me drinks to celebrate (I have more irish whiskey in me than blood this morning!)

Will get photos when I'm settled in, don't want the boss to think I'm casing the joint!

You sure you were even trying to get your wallet out!!!

Gratz! Wow, that sounds like some huge stuff. I would be afraid of a 24" saw as well!

Oh, I have 50# of extra weight I would like to donate to you. Let me know where I can ship you 50# of flubber. ;-)
    "If you work with your hands, you’re a laborer.
    If you work with your hands and your mind, you’re a craftsman.
    If you work with your hands and your mind and your heart, you’re an artist."

Saint Francis of Assisi

Google Map of members:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...hs&usp=sharing