Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Eagle Statue

Jagboy69 - I like that idea. You'd think forum photo size would increase over the years. 20 mb is like 3-4 full size photos.

Robert - I reactivated my flickr account. I had stopped using it years ago when they had a 200 picture limit. They seem to have raised it to 1 TB now. So I think I'll be permanently switching my hosting needs to them. Too bad I really liked gmail but they seem to have stiffed the public on having direct links.

Let me know if this embedded correctly. I'll work on adding more feathers and post updates. It just takes forever to add the feathers. Not sure how much detail I want to add to them. To leave them as just an outline and use patina to color the lowlights or add little cross thatching marks on the feathers for detail.

Zapins - I can see the pics in both of your last two posts.

Zapins, i wish i lived next door to you, i would learn so much!
    The same goes for the rest of you guys, the work you do is incredible.!!

Blog Entries
    Zapins, I think it is cool how you share this creative process with us. You are a very talented artist, and it is generous of you to give us a peak behind the curtains to see the processes wich lead to the final result. Thanks.
    Mark

Mister ED - good good, I edited my first post to have the new link in it as well.

Hamilton - I'd like that too, there aren't too many metal casters in my area either so this forum has been indispensable to learn from. Hmm Australia... I'd rather come live next to you!

rotarysmp - ahaha thanks, that's funny, its funny how the thread makes it looks like I know what I'm doing when I post online. I assure you the reality isn't quite that streamlined. I never feel like I know what I'm doing. Always reinventing the wheel over here. Can't wait to see how rough the multi part silicone rubber and fiberglass mold process is going to be...

I'll post some pics of the feathers tonight probably. I got almost a whole wing done now.

If you saw Zapins work area/bedroom/kitchen, you would be really impressed.