Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Statue

Added legs yesterday. I'll trim them down and add talons soon. Maybe even work on the stick it is sitting on a bit too. Its butt needs work to get it into the right shape. I'll add feathers later after getting these issues into proportion.

Started adding feathers. Man this is a sloooow process. I'm making the feathers out of wax sheet that I cut using one of those paper cutter things with the giant blade arm. Then I just use a hot knife to add a bevel to the feather so it looks like there is a spine to each feather. I haven't finished that process yet so some of the feathers are just strips of sheet wax. I foresee this taking me a few more weeks of casual work to get it done. Then I'll have to figure out how to do a fiberglass and Si-rubber multi-part mold.

That's a lot of work Zap. Hang in there. You are definitely going to want to get a hold of some rebound 25. When finished, you're name will be Mr. Undercut! When you remove the silicone, I'd plan on pulling it from the head towards the butt. Shore is 25 and it will pull this off. ;-)
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Anyone else not get the new pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    Anyone else not get the new pictures?
    Same here, that X in a box doesn't seem to hard to make. :-)

Unfortunately it looks like google photos has purposely removed the direct image link to the photo so embedding isn't possible anymore. This is the link to the photo. how lame... I'll need to find another good photo service. Sigh... https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/0Z...w2160-h1118-no

***Edit***
    Last edited by Zapins; 03-13-2017 at 06:41 PM.

I've used photo bucket for years and now they put so many ads on there you can't get your pictures to load or add pictures. Well, I can't anyway, I have crappy internet and can't keep trying or it burns up all my data. I'll be changing providers when we move.

Eagle looks great Zapins. I knew a blacksmith that made a full sized eagle in the forge. He said the feathers made him crazy. Then he sold it for a good price, so he made another.

Wow, I can't even imagine trying to create that! That is really nice.

Try Flickr. It's been great. The link addresses never change. If you have a yahoo account you already have a Flickr account.
    Robert
    "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
    - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Forklift Project
    Sand Mixer

Can we increase the storage limit for us users? Perhaps based on participation merit? I hate outsourcing photos. It screws up threads in the future.

(btw... ANYONE SEE MANTRID??? or have a way to check on him?)
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --