Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Kelly's Furnace Build Log

Quote Originally Posted by kcoffield View Post
    No plutonium.........Fusion reactor with flux capacitor!

K
    Thats sooooo 80'S
    A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....

I wanna see this forced air natural gas burner please. Take lots of photos. I know your in a home and have residential gas pressure. I'm in the same boat. My NG service is literally 10 feet from my furnace and would like to make the switch.
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    I wanna see this forced air natural gas burner please. Take lots of photos. I know your in a home and have residential gas pressure. I'm in the same boat. My NG service is literally 10 feet from my furnace and would like to make the switch.
    Iíll do that though it may be a while yet. Two years ago when I built onto my shop I had a 2Ē NG line run from the primary service line. I asked to have an auxiliary tap installed outside where the service entered the shop thinking down the road to supplying the foundry furnace. I was traveling for a week when the work was done and by the time I returned home,the mason had been by to do his duty and hereís what I got.

No auxiliary tap and probably have to break out some mortar and stone (and put it back!) to get one in there but still no sure how to get it apart other than a Sawzall.

On the blower, I did start a thread over in the burner section on the central vacuum blower/motor. Iíve tested that now and it kicks butt and is easily controlled. Not yet to the point of lighting it though.

http://www.alloyavenue.com/vb/showthread.php?12741-Volumetric-flow-per-100kbtu-hr

I figure itís good for at least 500kbtu/hr

Best,
    Kelly

I gave Elon Musk this link in case he needs a furnace to go to Mars with the colonists. This thing is amazing!
    Robert
    "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
    - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Forklift Project
    Sand Mixer

Kelly:

The engine lurking in the background in post #88's photos, what is that for? I seriously doubt that it's scheduled to go in the foundry. But then that furnace pretty much either has, or is going to get, everything but the kitchen sink already so I guess you could be building the forum's very first V-8 powered furnace. You've created some amazing shapes with the refractory.

Don
    Too many irons, not enough fire,

Quote Originally Posted by ddmckee54 View Post
    Kelly:

The engine lurking in the background in post #88's photos, what is that for? I seriously doubt that it's scheduled to go in the foundry. But then that furnace pretty much either has, or is going to get, everything but the kitchen sink already so I guess you could be building the forum's very first V-8 powered furnace. You've created some amazing shapes with the refractory.

Don
    That's the engine for my Pantera (actually, a couple of them). It's an all aluminum, stroker, small block Ford, with aftermarket aluminum block and heads that were popular with the Sprint Car guys. It's 404 CI with a solid roller cam, 650HP @ 6400 RPM. It has rear exiting 180 degree headers. Pantera's are mid-engine cars so it can except such an exhaust.

Not for my furnace, but when I was a kid, I reckoned anything that didn't have an engine needed one.

Best,
    K

Quote Originally Posted by ddmckee54 View Post
    Kelly:

Don
    I was wonder this myself as I am a Ford guy, it had my interest.
    Pantera, those are really neat cars that most people don't know even exists. 650hp 404, that should get the car moving a bit faster than the stock 351C did, WOW.