Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: r4z0r7o3's Crucible-furnace lifting mechanism / transport-stand.

Quote Originally Posted by den View Post
    "Spot weld them straight to the 22 gage..."With what? 'Spot weld them' using a careful pedal on the tig and a fresh grind on the tungsten? Nice sharp point ?
    That one I'll drill holes in the 22-ga where the pivot is needed, clamp it up and fill 'em in.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, things that are useful are simple."
    - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Lid pivot thinking: I've ordered a pair of DOM tubing that nest within eachother. My plan is to use them something like what was suggested early on. Except the lid will take the place of the "handle" in that pic, and the slopes will go the other way. Basically it's an axial-cam, where the action of turning the lid to the side, also raises it up by, say 1/2". The catch is, I think this means one of the pipes needs to be adjustable (so I can position the cam action). I'm thinking of making that be the inner-tube, and secure it with a screw-in-a-slot from the outside. I'll just use shim-stock to help center the inner-tube and keep it there.
    - Mikhail Kalashnikov

With the mechanism all but done...integration with the furnace follows...
    - Mikhail Kalashnikov