Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC troubleshooting

CNC troubleshooting

I'm continuing the CNC talk here not to derail the that thread.

So i have this 3 axis controller board with the TB6560 ICs

which isn't the best as i've researched but made some homemade CNCs in the web. It's 3.5A.

These are the motors. Nema23.

I use a PSU from a PC for the power supply. I run them at 12 Volts.

According to the first picture, my Z axis is the one not working. According to mach3 that's the X axis. I use the X axis controls and despite coordinates change in X axis the motor doesn't move, only buzz or do nothing, depending on how i set the pins. The other two move nicely the motors. I checked every motor and they all work, so i think i might have done something completely wrong or the board is faulty. Could it be that my whole pinout scheme is wrong and i mixed the outputs?
    I found that trying to find what I need and then make it work with what I have, is more trouble than designing what I want and doing it.
    me

"Quick decisions are unsafe decisions."
    Sophocles

Can you get a screen shot of your pin config in mach 3.
    Also need a diagram for wireing your controller ,, but i can probably dig that up on the web.
    A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....

Hmm, i just remembered something. Check you 25 pin cable and verify that the pin in is the same as the pin out. (Ohm meter) I remember reading somewhere that some cables have them switched..
    A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....

Yeah i found that my 25pin wasnt completely or properly populated for the application.
    Last edited by Petee716; 01-07-2016 at 03:27 AM.

It would be as well to check your Parallel cable , if you're using a store bought item .

I have always wired my own as per app. Thay are not always wired the same , depends on what they were intended for.

May be of use - page 3

http://www.sostafiera.it/tb6560.pdf
    Dazed and confused, too many projects!!

Hamish.

Mach3 pins are set as those in the file somyunguy posted:
    X axis: 1-7 - motor stays locked
    Y axis: 8-3 - works
    Z axis: 5-4 - works

If i change the pins for the X axis to 14-7 it sounds like it moves but does not.

I tested the cable, it seems ok with an ohm meter, the pins are the same as in mirror view.
    Last edited by _3D_; 01-08-2016 at 01:42 AM.
    I found that trying to find what I need and then make it work with what I have, is more trouble than designing what I want and doing it.
    me

Sophocles

When you say locked , i take it you mean "Braked" .

Just a shot in the dark , check your cable for contact between 1,14,7.

Might also be an idea just to check the underside of the board for dry joints / solder bridges.

I bought some Chinese Arduino 2560's a while back and whlie they worked out of the box , i had issues with piss poor connectors / soldering.

Afterthought

In the file - fig 6 in Mach3 - select "output signals" , disable "Enable1" (defined as pin 14) and check what the motor is doing.
    Last edited by somyunguy; 01-08-2016 at 07:27 AM. Reason: after thought
    Dazed and confused, too many projects!!

Hamish.

3D, I only know what worked for me, but I pulled up ports and pins yesterday and this is what I have.
    step pin dir pin
    X 2, 6
    Y 3, 7
    Z 4, 8
    A 5, 9
    If you think you can't do it, you're right!

Sorry for not responding sooner guys, i was out of town for a couple days and didn't play with the board. I will get back to it in a couple days after I do some melting now that i finally have electricity in the workshop.
    Thanks for your input.
    me

Sophocles

3D did you get anywhere with this? I'm hooking up a 4th axis on mine and having some trouble. I couldn't get the motor to run at all. I reset some of the pins and motor tuning and it started working, not sure why. But, the motor only runs in one direction. I switched pins and it only runs in the other direction. My pins are different than yours Sandcrab.
    x 2,3
    y 4,5
    z 6,7
    a 8,9