Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 3D printing

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Ditto on affordable. While I don't imagine it'll be affordable. Cx5 Sculptable Filament is reusable as sculpting wax. Still not out yet though. http://www.adambeaneindustries.com/blog/
    ive played with the cx5, pretty interesting stuff. I had no idea they made a printable filament.
    A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....

The only time You're not following your nose is when your going backward!.......Andy (ME) .
    Have you filed in "Who do you think you are?" "War Grade Report" " My photo's"

I went ahead and pulled the Trigger on a new FT-5. Estimated Ship date is July 29. I'll update once it comes in and I get it assembled. Hoping to get it up in running before the weather cools off.

I bought a Delta DLT-180 from some knockoff site, and played with it for a bit. Being my first printer I hated the delta. It wasn't accurate, i always had to re-level the bed and it generally just pissed me off all the time.

I used it to print the parts to make the printer shown at this link http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1047193

I have printed over 10 2.2kg rolls of filament through this fusebox, and i Love it. It sits idle sometimes for months at a time, and all i have to do is check if the bed stayed level (because of moving it around) and load a file to the sd card and click print. (well, sometimes i have to re-feed the filament, turns out it gets brittle and breaks when left out)

I want to build a bigger volume printer, but that ft-5 for under 500 bones looks tempting.

I'm looking into this 3d-printer craze. The thing is there are 3d printers at work and at local makerspaces, but they are always either busy or broken, plus the drive.. I would like to get one in my house. Does anyone have any updates to the Folgertech FT-5 discussed earlier or another recommendation? I'm looking at around 500 big money for this which is around the FT5's price. I think I would use the large build area as well.

Frost,

I have got the FT-5 assembled, I have an issue with the z axis binding. But work has gotten in the way and I've not gotten it sorted out and printing yet.

CBB

A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....