Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1931 Model A Victoria build

David:

I sure hope the Boss isn't a member here, might be a little difficult to explain getting something constructive done on the car when your home "sick".

Good work on the Vicki,
    Don
    Too many irons, not enough fire,

Oh the joy of aftermarket parts! Been working on getting the fenders and splash aprons fitted. What a nightmare! I heard the stories of aftermarket fenders and their poor fit, today I experienced it for myself.
    I did alot of heating and banging to get them close, but one troubled spot really got under my skin to where I just grabbed the cut wheel and mig welder and had at it......

A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....

yep that's why they make tig welders and cutoff wheels

I am really enjoying being well tooled. I stripped out the head of one of those f&&%*%#@ star bolts that GM is so fond of. Used to that was a week of cussing, heating, beating, swearing, cutting, and jb weld to fix. This time I laid my tools down, brushed the dirt off and laughed as I stood up. Most of my life I have had the feeling that Murphy was following me around with his c*&# in his hand. As I walked into my basement I thought to myself, "Should I use an air chisel to turn it out, just cut the head off of it and use an ease out, weld a hex head bolt into it and use a socket to turn it, or just go straight for the money shot and get the oxy rig out and burn a hole through the bolt, the floor pan and out onto the damn ground and weld another piece of sheet metal in to replace it and weld in a stud like the other three spots that this seat sits. For once, I felt like I had murphy bent over the hood with my left hand three knuckles deep in his hair and my right in the small of his back while I generously applied a cornbread batter lubricant.
    But do not ask the price I paid, I must live with my quiet rage,
    Tame the ghosts in my head, That run wild and wish me dead.
    Should you shake my ash to the wind Lord, forget all of my sins
    Oh, let me die where I lie, Neath the curse of my lover's eyes.

Wow, you really are a poet!

The car is looking great so far! I have never done that kind of work, so this sure is fun to watch.

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos

Kind of a boring day. Did up a little program to make some stepped plugs to fill the old holes in the frame. Been so long since I used the cam software I struggled a bit getting it right....

Nice little job there.
    The only time You're not following your nose is when your going backward!.......Andy (ME) .
    Have you filed in "Who do you think you are?" "War Grade Report" " My photo's"

Gone a bit astray... There is a local rod and custom shop by me that wants some custom emblems made. Playing with a .010" end mill and carving wax. I dont like this design, so I re did it tonight. Just wanted to show what a teeny tiny end mill can do LOL.

Nice work, so when do we see the cast?
    The only time You're not following your nose is when your going backward!.......Andy (ME) .
    Have you filed in "Who do you think you are?" "War Grade Report" " My photo's"

Quote Originally Posted by wargrade View Post
    Nice work, so when do we see the cast?
    It will be a couple of weeks. Waiting on some diamond sanding disks. They will be cast in fine silver then vitreous enameled in red (center of 1) and black to match his artwork.