Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Smaller Gingery-esq. foundry for beginner

Further encouragement(?)

No, not a furnace/'barbie'/'cooker' - but a needed tool to secure the materials for same:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ouch! That stuff's hot!

Nice! I bet it could carry an elephant Looks really well build.

...on the topic of this furnace thingie...

...oofff...tooooo many paint fumes...

(collecting pics)
    "Things that are complex are not useful, things that are useful are simple."
    - Mikhail Kalashnikov

No, not an elephant - won't fit. Most of a month's groceries/2 50 lb bags of petrobond sand - no trouble, providing one avoids hills. Hills are a workout and three-quarters when one has a *load*. No hills, no trouble - rolls easy, steers good, can tow it for 'some miles'. (Which I've done earlier this month)

Now, once the connecting rod has its spring-tabs properly brazed on... (no, put down the cleaver) and is painted, and the remaining three fabric panels attached with their velcro-and-webbing straps, then it's time for a ***welding cart*** - need tools to make tools, oh, and a foundry to make parts.

My ***own*** foundry. Yes, I have access to two people's ready-existing foundries, and I can and do patterns ***now***.

But I want to do ***petrobond*** (sob). I want castings that are smooth enough that I can rub them...

Dennis
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by den; 11-16-2017 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Spelling, picture
    Ouch! That stuff's hot!