Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cx5

Cx5

I was kinda surprised when I did a search here for Cx5 and nothing came back.....??? Anyone have experience with this stuff? I like how it appears easy to work with and will hold details. Unlike the P.I.T.A plasticine I'm dealing with at the moment. Check it out. Not really that cheap, but I'm beyond looking at price anymore...
    thanks
    Jason
    http://store.adambeaneindustries.com/
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Wow, that was amazing. Both the artist and the Cx5

dont see how it differs to Plasticine from the video, same properties, and it still needs to be warm to be worked easily.

wish I had the ability to capture a likeness from photographs like that guy can

Does it blow up like C4?
    I have ulterior motives for my hidden agenda.

Looks like some type of Microcrystaline Wax with a clay or plastic, or both, added to it. I didn't see any mention of what temp he was working at. He makes it look easy.

Hey Mantrid, Maybe I have the wrong plasticine (van aiken) but mine is impossible to work with. Sure it sculpts super easy and I like that part of it. But when ya got what ya want where ya want, dont touch it! The slightest bump with a finger nail and you get to fix that. I'm working inside a 73degree home. I would say thats cool enough to keep it really firm. I've stuck the stuff in the refrigerator and freezer, but it only sweats like crazy once you take it out. The softness of the plasticine is making it next to impossible to wall it up for molding with more plasticine. I'm wondering if good ol water based clay might be better for the molding process.

I do know, the next thing I try to sculpt, I wanna give this cx5 stuff a whirl. I would think the guys around here that sculpt with wax would appreciate the qualites of this gooey grey stuff as well.

J
    -- Donald Trump --

Quote Originally Posted by mantrid View Post
    wish I had the ability to capture a likeness from photographs like that guy can
    What?? I've seen your work mantrid and it is nothing to scoff at.

Lets be honest. It is all about the subject you choose to copy. Matt Damon vs. naked pole/towel girl from 20 angles? Motivation is the key factor here

Matt Damon who? lol There is a lot of unknown talent on this website. (not me, but some amazing people live here on the avenue!)
    Jason
    -- Donald Trump --

Dang! I was hoping he was working on Matt Damon for the remake of Team America. What a bust.
    People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

I think maybe you do have the wrong plastercine, Ive never known it to be so soft that it wont wall up. Water based clay in my climate anyway is far softer than any plastercine I have used.
    Thanks Zapins, I can get a woman to look like a woman and an animal to look like an animal but sculpting a specific person's face is a skill I havent mastered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    Looks like some type of Microcrystaline Wax with a clay or plastic, or both, added to it. I didn't see any mention of what temp he was working at. He makes it look easy.
    He appeared to be taking it out of some kind of hot pan