Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face shield (PPE - Personal Protective Equipment) (with Safety Manual pdf)

Face shield (PPE - Personal Protective Equipment) (with Safety Manual pdf)

Recently a member posted that he used a mesh face shield, I have always used a poly-carbonate shield. It seemed to me that a solid barrier was superior to a mesh. Then I noticed a vid in the metal vids thread showing an iron pour where the casters were heavily PPE and they were using mesh face shields. Is there a benefit to using a mesh face shield? Is one better than the other?

Caster

Blog Entries
    steel mesh does not melt or soften and sag. I have had the plastic face shields get so hot when casting that they sagged against my checks and burned me. the mesh will stop splatters, they freeze on contact.
    kent
    Kent
    There is beauty, power and excitement in simple old technology!

Banned
    I have had the lens hood on my camera warp and the windshield on my microphone melt!

They don't make them in metal unfortunately of I'd surely get them!

Thank heavens, I was hoping we'd get another sticky....lol.

Don't get me wrong, its a worth while topic, but its going to get to the point where the membership will ask for a user setting to bump us into the second page by default.

With all that said, I'm going to look into getting a mesh shield. I hate how the plastic types fog/sweat.

It might be worth indexing the stickies and putting links to each page on 1 sticky to minimize clutter. The stickies are very valuable but so is screen real estate as JV mentioned.

I don't mind volunteering to do it. I don't have much else going on while I'm still stuck in isolation for the next few days...

I can type up a list of all the other stickies in each forum section if that would be helpful?

Not to run the thread too far off track but I think some sticky clean up is all that needs to happen really. The forum as a whole has two different stickies on pyrometers, and this one in particular has a jolt/squeeze build that never seemed to be completed or updated since 2013...

Pat, if possible see if there is a way to insert a breaker between the stickies and the normal posts. It helps make a visual division between the new threads and stickies. Might need admin privileges to do it though.

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...s-discussions/

Scroll down to the stickies & threads here to see what I mean.

Might not be possible with this version of the forum, but I think it would help keep things more visually clear as well. Maybe neaten the look up a bit

Fair enough, those sound like the same options I have as a moderator on the aquatic site. The formatting options are admin level on our site.

Hi Guys,

I have started to write a new posts for me PPE blog and wondered if anyone knew any great places to buy PPE equipment, I wanted to get some immediate feedback from some people in the industry. I'm trying to make it as independent as possible you see.

The blog that i am going to be using is http://ppe-news.co.uk, Please let me know as soon as possible as I'm keen to get it posted.
    Editor for a PPE News blog, take a look at some of the latest news in the PPE world. http://ppe-news.co.uk